ASUS K53SV acting slow after fresh reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arveleg

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hi,
My ASUS K53SV notebook has been acting very slow (Internet, Startup, and just opening up folders and it will lag) and I'm not sure what the problem is? I'm somewhat sure it isn't a virus, but I'm wondering if I may have a rootkit? I have scanned for a rootkit with a few programs Norton, Kaspersky and Ad-Adware antivirus and found nothing. I'm wondering if my hardware might be messed up but my laptop is a year old, it also seems to keep downloading windows updates every so often. Can someone help me please and also I'm hoping to become more computer savvy, can anyone recommend a program/guide to learning about PC's bios, registry etc etc.

Thanks in advance! :)

Solution
Have you tried cleaning out your laptop? It might be bogged down with a lot of unnecessary crapware, trialware and such. I would try one of two things.... download Microsoft Security Essentials (it's free and in my opinion on of the better anti-virus products out there, and also visit: www.shouldiremoveit.com (another free option) and do a program search for Asus (this will give you info about they types of programs installed and will help you to determine which items to uninstall in order to free up some space)
Also, stay away from registry cleaners... as they really don't offer that much relief... if any.
Hope this helps!

melly_newman

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Have you tried cleaning out your laptop? It might be bogged down with a lot of unnecessary crapware, trialware and such. I would try one of two things.... download Microsoft Security Essentials (it's free and in my opinion on of the better anti-virus products out there, and also visit: www.shouldiremoveit.com (another free option) and do a program search for Asus (this will give you info about they types of programs installed and will help you to determine which items to uninstall in order to free up some space)
Also, stay away from registry cleaners... as they really don't offer that much relief... if any.
Hope this helps!

Solution

Arveleg

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Thank you I will try :D

Status
Not open for further replies.