nvidia aladin tnt2

G

I recently purchased a new computer, pent 3 1000 mhz, which came with an on board nvidia aladin tnt2 3d card, my problem is the graphics on certain games are worse than on my old voodoo 2 card on my old computer, does anyone know if this on board 3d card has any newer drivers, or is it possible at all to update a driver for an on board video card?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Poor video performance is do to sharing of memory between the processor and the video. There's not much you can do other than to replace the board and get a good video card, sorry.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!

G

so.. u suggest a new motherboard ? and a better video card? any suggestion is great...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Asus TUSL2-C is avialable on Pricewatch for around $103, and is probably the best PIII board on the market. The Visiontek GeForce 2 GTS 32MB DDR is available for $94 at Compgeeks. This combination would provide excellent graphics compatable with most games for the next 2 years.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Go get a Radeon LE (aka 32mb DDR radeon after hacked) for $71 then get a TUSL2-C for the new board. Radeon has a longer life span due more directx 8 features on it.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile: