IE - unusually high memory usage

Hello,
I'm having problems with my IE. For a few days now it's been acting in a
strange way. After working for a few hours links are opened in a semi -
proper window (without File, Edit, View etc and other regular menus) and pop
ups can not be opened at all. Error in the status bar says "not enough
storage is available to complete this operation". When checking in Task
Manager IEXPLORE.EXE takes around 62,220 KB!!!
After quitting the browser completely and re-opening it works OK again but
memory usage grows up every minute.
My computer is clean of viruses and spywares. Nothing of that. 512 MB RAM
present and PF memory is managed by the system Windows XP.
Anyone has an idea what could be the reason for this problem to occur? Could
add - on be the problem?
How to solve that annoyance?

Thanks.

dl

Have you run winupdate, and looked at the none critical updates?
I seem to recall that there was an update to IE to do with cpu usage

"Injust" <Injust@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm having problems with my IE. For a few days now it's been acting in a
> strange way. After working for a few hours links are opened in a semi -
> proper window (without File, Edit, View etc and other regular menus) and
pop
> ups can not be opened at all. Error in the status bar says "not enough
> storage is available to complete this operation". When checking in Task
> Manager IEXPLORE.EXE takes around 62,220 KB!!!
> After quitting the browser completely and re-opening it works OK again but
> memory usage grows up every minute.
> My computer is clean of viruses and spywares. Nothing of that. 512 MB RAM
> present and PF memory is managed by the system Windows XP.
> Anyone has an idea what could be the reason for this problem to occur?
Could
> add - on be the problem?
> How to solve that annoyance?
>
> Thanks.

I just did. Can't find any relevant updates on the issue there.
Can you recall the number of the update, please?