can't install from disk

I recently had to reformat hard drive due to a virus and was successfull at
reinstalling my 2002 version of XP, Norton Security 2005 and my ISP all in
one night. But the next day I tried to install my printer, and my spyware
program from the disks and was unable to get the installation window up on my
desktop. Any reasons why? What do I do now?
3 answers Last reply
More about install disk

    Did you disabled norton autoprotect?

    "doodledog" <doodledog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I recently had to reformat hard drive due to a virus and was successfull
    at
    > reinstalling my 2002 version of XP, Norton Security 2005 and my ISP all in
    > one night. But the next day I tried to install my printer, and my spyware
    > program from the disks and was unable to get the installation window up on
    my
    > desktop. Any reasons why? What do I do now?

    I didn't disable anything from any program. Could this be the problem?

    "Crusader" wrote:

    > Did you disabled norton autoprotect?
    >
    > "doodledog" <doodledog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I recently had to reformat hard drive due to a virus and was successfull
    > at
    > > reinstalling my 2002 version of XP, Norton Security 2005 and my ISP all in
    > > one night. But the next day I tried to install my printer, and my spyware
    > > program from the disks and was unable to get the installation window up on
    > my
    > > desktop. Any reasons why? What do I do now?

    I tried disabling the Auto protect and I still could not install my other
    programs. Is there anything else I can do?

    "doodledog" wrote:

    > I didn't disable anything from any program. Could this be the problem?
    >
    > "Crusader" wrote:
    >
    > > Did you disabled norton autoprotect?
    > >
    > > "doodledog" <doodledog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I recently had to reformat hard drive due to a virus and was successfull
    > > at
    > > > reinstalling my 2002 version of XP, Norton Security 2005 and my ISP all in
    > > > one night. But the next day I tried to install my printer, and my spyware
    > > > program from the disks and was unable to get the installation window up on
    > > my
    > > > desktop. Any reasons why? What do I do now?

Internet Service Providers Windows XP