C600 Question

Hi,

how could i disable the onboard mouse pad on my laptop? I use my
laptop mostly at home and have a mouse attached to it.
And its kind a annoying to type and touch the mouse pad....

Bye
Joerg

--
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Joerg Jaeger,
From the following Dell Site:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc600/en/ug/using.htm?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19#keyboard_and_keypad

About 3/4ths down the page under:

Customizing the DualPoint Integrated Pointing Device

Click in the Disable this Device box to disable the selected touch pad or
track stick settings. If you docked your computer with a mouse, the touch
pad and track stick settings are automatically disabled.

In Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Windows NT
a.. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control
Panel.

b.. Double-click the Mouse icon and click the Touch tab in the Mouse
Properties window.

c.. In the drop-down menu, click to select either the touch pad or the
pointing stick (track stick) and click Apply.

d.. Click OK to save the settings and close the window.
You can find additional info at:

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>