1. What is your budget? I have no budget restrictions, but please do give an approximate price for your suggestion.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any size is fine.
3. What screen resolution do you want? Preferably something at least comparable to the Macbook Pro (without retina)
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Yes
5. How much battery life do you need? This is a huge point that I care about. I need something that can give me a good 5 or more hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I don't game much.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? At least 500 GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Nope
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? I would like it to least at least 5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I don't care much
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preference
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. So the reason why I am asking this question is because I need something comparable to the Macbook pro 2012. I really want to buy a Macbook pro, but my parents are opposed to the idea. My parents said that they can buy me a macbook pro, but only if its a last resort. They would rather buy me a PC laptop, just because they have never owned a mac and some family friends have suggested against buying a macbook. I'm currently in high school and I need this laptop to last me throughout college. I really want something that can rival the macbook pro or exceed the macbook's capabilities.
More aboutlaptop purchasing help
Get the latest MacBook if you don't care about budget, Apple has good build quality, and if you want Windows 7, just get one and install it on your mac. That's what my cousin did.