I had the document on my desktop as a shortcut and I would just open it make
changes save and close it. My secretary saved something from her computer on
a disk put it on my computer and now all of my shortcut documents are erased
back to Feb. The only thing I can figure is the info on the disk was from
Feb. and there fore she saved over my information on the shortcut. The
changes I had made to the shortcut and saved and closed is the information I
am
trying to retrieve. Do you know if there is a way to do this?
My secretary tried to fix the problem and has recovered my computer back to
it's original state. I can not open anything in my documents now b/c it has
an "e" beside it like is trying to open through the internet. I do not really
know what she has done I was out of the office. Can you please tell me how
check my network drive so I can look for it there. I used Microsoft Works for
this document.

Jim

Jodi, you may have more luck posting this to an office newsgroup.
microsoft.public.office.misc

"jodi" <jodi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had the document on my desktop as a shortcut and I would just open it
>make
> changes save and close it. My secretary saved something from her computer
> on
> a disk put it on my computer and now all of my shortcut documents are
> erased
> back to Feb. The only thing I can figure is the info on the disk was from
> Feb. and there fore she saved over my information on the shortcut. The
> changes I had made to the shortcut and saved and closed is the information
> am
> trying to retrieve. Do you know if there is a way to do this?
> My secretary tried to fix the problem and has recovered my computer back
> it's original state. I can not open anything in my documents now b/c it
> has
> an "e" beside it like is trying to open through the internet. I do not
> really
> know what she has done I was out of the office. Can you please tell me how
> check my network drive so I can look for it there. I used Microsoft Works
> for
> this document.

"jodi" <jodi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had the document on my desktop as a shortcut and I would just open it
>make
> changes save and close it. My secretary saved something from her computer
> on
> a disk put it on my computer and now all of my shortcut documents are
> erased
> back to Feb. The only thing I can figure is the info on the disk was from
> Feb. and there fore she saved over my information on the shortcut. The
> changes I had made to the shortcut and saved and closed is the information
> am
> trying to retrieve. Do you know if there is a way to do this?
> My secretary tried to fix the problem and has recovered my computer back
> it's original state. I can not open anything in my documents now b/c it
> has
> an "e" beside it like is trying to open through the internet. I do not
> really
> know what she has done I was out of the office. Can you please tell me how
> check my network drive so I can look for it there. I used Microsoft Works
> for
> this document.

This probably isn't the best place for this but you mention "recovered my
computer back to its original state". If by this you mean that restore
disks were used, and that the documents were actually on your system (as
distinct from a network drive) the data may very well be gone.

You may be looking at using a data recovery service. If this is the case,
you must STOP using your computer immediately; using it at all increases the
chance that whatever is left will be completely overwritten and be fully
unrecoverable.

Data recovery services are not cheap, but often will provide an estimate of
cost and recovery likelihood. Google "data recovery services" and add in
your location to find services near you.

HTH
-pk