Problem with the monitor

a b C Monitor
August 9, 2005 5:44:01 PM

Hi, ive got a problem with the computer, it turns on does the initializing
windows .... and then the image goes black... and it keeps like that... what
can i do??
please help me, im soo bad with computers

More about : problem monitor

August 9, 2005 6:11:04 PM

Borrow a monitor and swap it with yours to verify it's bad. If you get the
same results then your video card or built-in video sub-system is bad.

"Cristina" <salascris@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, ive got a problem with the computer, it turns on does the initializing
> windows .... and then the image goes black... and it keeps like that...
> what
> can i do??
> please help me, im soo bad with computers
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 9, 2005 6:37:56 PM

ok, ill try that, just one more thing, i think it does works, cos it starts
showing the windows logo, and then it goes blank, but ill verify it right
now...

thank you so much

"Jerry" wrote:

> Borrow a monitor and swap it with yours to verify it's bad. If you get the
> same results then your video card or built-in video sub-system is bad.
>
> "Cristina" <salascris@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, ive got a problem with the computer, it turns on does the initializing
> > windows .... and then the image goes black... and it keeps like that...
> > what
> > can i do??
> > please help me, im soo bad with computers

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 10, 2005 1:10:28 AM

> ok, ill try that, just one more thing, i think it does works, cos it
> starts
> showing the windows logo, and then it goes blank, but ill verify it right
> now...
>
> thank you so much

Another thing - If you start in Safe Mode (press F8 as the system starts)
does the monitor display properly?

If so, the monitor settings may be out of range. If that's the case, go
to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, locate the Monitors
section and expand it. Select the monitor, right-click and choose Remove.
Say OK. On restart, the system should re-detect and re-install the monitor
to a default setting, probably 800x600 and 60Hz refresh. Reset this as
desired, to something supported by the monitor.

HTH
-pk

!