blue orb: way too loud??

G

anyone else have a very loud blue orb? maybe something is wrong with mine because its louder than my volcano 5 HSF. is my faulty or are all like that? i might have to go back to the small stock cooling :(

G

Something is probably wrong with it. Since its a rather big cooler it´s suposed to be noisier than other video card coolers but not noisier than a processor cooler. Take it back to where you bough it and ask for another one.

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Bet I know what it is.....

Take a look at the bottom of your blue orb and see if it is direct contact with the PCI slot adjacent to the AGP port. I put a blue orb on my GF2MX card and it was LOUD!!!!. I couldn't figure it out because it was fairly quiet outside the case.

I thought it was loose so I was looking around and that's how I found out it was contacting the PCI slot. I lapped the sides of the fins down a bit to provide clearance but I'm sure just pruning back those fins that are by the slot would fix the problem too.

G

i think i figured it out, when i put my loud as hell but powerfull sunon case fan back in i could barely hear the blorb :) as for the blorb it is secured with good thermal tape.