i cant delete certain folders....

im not talking major ones, but folders that i make then later want to
delete... it says "another program is using this folder" but when i
ctrl-alt-delete i cant figure out which one is using it...

virus or glitch?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Glitch. I have a couple that are empty but won't delete either. I tried a
program called Unlocker that is supposed to help but it has not so far.

Here's the README

Unlocker for Windows 2000 and Windows XP
Copyright (C) 2005 Cedrick Collomb
ccollomb.free.fr

Using Unlocker
--------------

How often have you tried to delete or rename a file or folder and got
"Cannot delete xxx: It is being used by another person or program." ?

Unlocker is a tool which will help you removing this scandaleous Windows
bug.

Simply right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or
folder is locked then a window will appear with a list of processes locking
the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.

It is recommended to Unlock wisely and to close open processes locking files
or folder if any, but if only Explorer.exe is the culprit, do not hesitate !
:D

Terms of Use
------------

This software is provided "as is", without any guarantee made as to its
suitability or fitness for any particular use. It may
contain bugs, so use of this tool is at your own risk. We take no
responsilbity for any damage that may unintentionally be caused through its
use.

You may not distribute Unlocker in any form without express written
permission of Cedrick Collomb.

Licensing
---------

If you are interested in redistributing Unlocker, either in original or
modified form, or wish to use Unlocker source code in a product, please send
e-mail to ccollomb@yahoo.com with details.

Reporting Problems
------------------

If you encounter problems, please visit http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker and
download the latest version to see if the issue has been resolved. If not,
please send a bug report to:

ccollomb@yahoo.com

"Smed" <gsx1300r_busa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> im not talking major ones, but folders that i make then later want to
> delete... it says "another program is using this folder" but when i
> ctrl-alt-delete i cant figure out which one is using it...
>
> virus or glitch?

Jim

Look for "delete" here.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

"Smed" <gsx1300r_busa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> im not talking major ones, but folders that i make then later want to
> delete... it says "another program is using this folder" but when i
> ctrl-alt-delete i cant figure out which one is using it...
>
> virus or glitch?

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> im not talking major ones, but folders that i make then later
> want to
> delete... it says "another program is using this folder" but
> when i
> ctrl-alt-delete i cant figure out which one is using it...
>
> virus or glitch?

"virus or glitch?"

it’s worse, it’s Microsoft. This is a stupid function of windows
that stops users from deleting/accessing files when it has been
classed as locked by windows, it is probably explorer.exe that has
"locked" the file/folder, all that should be requiered is to restart,
if that fails, boot windows in safe mode and delete it.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-delete-folders-ftopict406749.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1349052