Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

CD-Key blocked by Microsoft.

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
July 18, 2010 11:38:45 AM

Hello, i recently bought a Windows 7 Ultimate via Ebay, i received it and inserted the Registration key, a window popped up and said Microsoft has blocked it.

Is there any way to solve this problem by talking to Microsoft or something?

P.s refund is not a possibility :S

More about : key blocked microsoft

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
July 18, 2010 11:51:10 AM

No, you got ripped off. Why would anyone buy a copy of Windows on eBay?
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
July 18, 2010 3:16:37 PM

Go through the eBay complaints procedure. You may be lucky and get your money back.
Score
0
Related resources
July 18, 2010 11:57:15 PM

Well, thanks for your time everyone. Just wanted to say that..
When i received my Windows 7 Ultimate, the package was completely unopened, still had that fine plastic sealing. So I doubt i have been scammed, at least not by the seller, as he couldn't of gotten the code without opening it (I think)

I tried to contacting Microsoft, and was greeted by a £80 tax. Bullshit..

I believe I am forced to buy a new Ultimate Key, as i said, refund is sadly not a option. (I don't wanna explain why)

I got no idea why MY key is blocked, anyone have any guesses?
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 2:39:12 AM

Slipperss said:
Well, thanks for your time everyone. Just wanted to say that..
When i received my Windows 7 Ultimate, the package was completely unopened, still had that fine plastic sealing. So I doubt i have been scammed, at least not by the seller, as he couldn't of gotten the code without opening it (I think)

I tried to contacting Microsoft, and was greeted by a £80 tax. Bullshit..

I believe I am forced to buy a new Ultimate Key, as i said, refund is sadly not a option. (I don't wanna explain why)

I got no idea why MY key is blocked, anyone have any guesses?


Yes I do. What is your windows product ID? Not the key, the product ID?

Its in the Control Panel under system.

If you dont feel comfortable sharing it, does it say OEM in the middle of the ID? Something like:

XXXXX-OEM-8992662-00497

By the way, what did MS say when you gave them the key?
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 3:00:26 AM

How the package looked or was sealed means nothing, absolutely nothing I'm afraid. Why would you buy a version of Windows off of Ebay? A legitimate version of Windows is going to cost you the same, within about 10 bucks, no matter where you buy it. If you bought a version off of ebay for any less than you can drive right the street to your local retailer and buy it, you more than likely are buying pirated software. It's a fact.
Score
0
July 19, 2010 5:39:17 AM

Best bet, did you use paypal? If so take it up with them as if they determine your complaint to be legit, they may be able to get you a refund, and check with your cc company too.
Score
0
July 19, 2010 11:49:24 AM

FALC0N said:
If you dont feel comfortable sharing it, does it say OEM in the middle of the ID? Something like:

XXXXX-OEM-8992662-00497

By the way, what did MS say when you gave them the key?


Nope, it got 3 numbers, no letters. And it just popped up with a little window saying "This key that you have inserted, have been blocked by Microsoft" something like that.

and jitpublisher, the price was like half of what it is in the stores.

Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 12:08:47 PM

Slipperss said:
refund is sadly not a option. (I don't wanna explain why)

It does seem strange that although you have every right to demand a refund, either directly from the vendor or via PayPal, you say this. If you don't want to claim a refund then there's not much point in discussing it further.

You have been ripped off, you have your own reasons for not wanting to put this right. End of story.
Score
0
July 19, 2010 3:16:13 PM

you are first made a mistake from buying windows from ebay why havnt you tried tiger direct or amazon make sure to buy new stuff for original things like games or windows products
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 5:21:11 PM

Slipperss said:
Nope, it got 3 numbers, no letters. And it just popped up with a little window saying "This key that you have inserted, have been blocked by Microsoft" something like that.

and jitpublisher, the price was like half of what it is in the stores.

That would imply the key is or has been in use, looks like your seller has a heatshrink machine.
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 5:23:07 PM

Hi Slipperss,

Stay clear of ebay when purchasing software (or even hardware) of any kind. There are just way too many scams out there! A good rule of thumb is that if it seems too good to be true, it most probably is. The only way to ensure a genuine copy of Windows 7 is to purchase it from a reputable retailer (ie: Best Buy) or from Microsoft itself. As jitpublisher said, all genuine copies of Windows 7 will be basically the same price point.

Good luck getting your money! I'd definitely submit a complaint with ebay.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
Score
0
a c 416 $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 6:46:06 PM

your one of hundreds to get scammed with key only deals on ebay!
Score
0
August 11, 2012 9:31:19 AM

Slipperss said:
Hello, i recently bought a Windows 7 Ultimate via Ebay, i received it and inserted the Registration key, a window popped up and said Microsoft has blocked it.

Is there any way to solve this problem by talking to Microsoft or something?

P.s refund is not a possibility :S

i have done the same thing, i spoke to microsoft and they said i had to get in touch with the seller which i did, i have reported him for selling fake software to ebay and i also reported him to paypal, so there is a case against him with them, he 20 days to respond, or it goes further and you can put a claim in for refund in a paypal claim i think it was called, i can't remember i was pissed off and angry.
Score
0
a c 416 $ Windows 7
August 11, 2012 9:37:35 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
0
!