Need Help Badly !!

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Heres the situation .. All of a sudden the Leadtek winfast utility for my gf2 pro indicates in info that agp is disabled .. the pci monitor has all of the agp options grayed out now.. sideband.. 4x etc. my 3d mark2001 has dropped from around 3000 to less than 1500 All of my bios settings are the same as when all was well.. Asus cusl2-c MB 800 eb cpu I reintalled the drivers (using 6.50)for the vid card several times after proper uninstall etc and still messed up.

This seems to be a recent development as I said.. the largest change I have made recently was to use an uninstaller for dx 8.1 and reinstalled dx 8.0 that seems to have gone okay as far as I can tell. Are there new inf files for this mobo I need to install I am at a loss over this,,, any suggestions are appreciated

(these options were available prior to whatever happened here)

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
ooooo
im having re-ja-vu (like de-ja-vu but i havnt done it yet)

ive got the same card as you and am going to do an uninstall of directx 8.1 as well.
i have a hunch directx8.1 is cauzing corruption in 32bit opengl.

what i suggest you do is to download and install RIVATUNER.
then go thru the pages and make sure all the agp options are enabled (probably will require rebooting)
also... is that a via mobo? do you have motherboard drivers also u can install?

give that a try...

ill try uninstalling directx 8.1 my end... but may have probs with win2k.

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you dispay maturity.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I have NvMax installed and have tried enabling all the options .. it says they are installed etc but it didn't help

The Mobo is a asus cusl2-c and has the Intel 815 EP chip set .. I reinstalled the inf drivers from the original cd but that didnt help either

Thanx
Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I used DxUn13.exe to remove dx 8.1 apparently it did a poor job .. a restore of my registry to a backup prior to the uninstall fixed the agp problem (restart in msdos mode and run scanreg /restore for ((win 98 se)), I reinstalled 8.0 but I got an error when running dxdiag that the dxdiag was for 8.0 but 8.1 was installed .. soooo I reinstalled 8.1 to prevent future conflicts. If you really want to remove dx8.1 I think that a reformat and reinstall of the OS is the only safe way still. For myself I will leave dx 8.1 (620 intrim beta) installed and just install the next final release over it

Lagger

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Strange, DXun13.exe worked well enough for me. I was able to go back to DirectX 7.0 (for testing). I also returned to DX 8.1 build 620 (because I didn't find any performance gains using any older versions).

I use Win 98SE.