Windows XP Keeps Rebooting on Random Ocations

Hi All I have a problem with my Windows XP Home Edition, When powering up my
computer it some times reboots after the Post BIOS or after the Windows XP
then reboot can someone explain what is going on?

My Specs

AMD 64 3000 939 (Upgraded)
MSI MS-7025 K8N Neo2 Platinum (OEM) (Upgraded)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB DDR
200 and 160 GIG Hard Drives
And so on......

My PC before has been upgraded and has happend since it came back from the
factory.

Manu Thanks

Rob

"Rob-23-UK" <robert.charles19@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi All I have a problem with my Windows XP Home Edition, When powering up
> my
> computer it some times reboots after the Post BIOS or after the Windows XP
> then reboot can someone explain what is going on?
>
> My Specs
>
> AMD 64 3000 939 (Upgraded)
> MSI MS-7025 K8N Neo2 Platinum (OEM) (Upgraded)
> ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB DDR
> 200 and 160 GIG Hard Drives
> And so on......
>
> My PC before has been upgraded and has happend since it came back from the
> factory.
>
> Manu Thanks
>
> Rob

It'll probably help if you turn off the default "restart on crash" setting.
This won't fix the crashes that are probably happening, but may give you
some clues as to why they are happening - the first step in actually fixing
it.

Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties. Click on the Advanced
tab, and then on the Settings button under "Startup and Recovery". Close to
the middle of the page that appears, there's a section for "System Failure".
Make sure the checkbox for "automatically restart" is *cleared*. Click
Apply then OK back to the desktop.

Now, when the system crashes, it won't just restart. You will instead get
some kind of error message. Keep a pen and paper handy to keep track of
what the messages say.

Note that on blue-screens (you'll recognise them) the relevant info is the
error number and a name like "KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR" or
"IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". You don't need to copy out the complete stack
dump.

HTH
-pk

Yes there is a stop error:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0000000A (OXF7C90354,OXOOOOOOFF, OX00000001, OX84E2E41)