Hi everyone i need desperate help here...

ok heres what happend... last night i put in cd from a magazine so i
could browse through it and it wouldnt open straight away so i ended
the task so i could start again... when i did that windows disappeared
and i was left with my desktop picture and nothing else...

I could still bring up the task manager but nothing else could be done,
so i restarted from the task manager and just after i put my user
password in it went back to the desktop picture and took about ten
minutes for windows to appear again.

When windows came back up i went to try the CD again and it did it all
over again!

I can use everything else normally but when i go to open the CD drive
it just screws up!

anyone have any ideas??

thanks very much :)

--
loopyloop

Jim

Right click my computer and select properties, on the advanced tab in
startup and recovery UN check automatically restart in system failure.
Repeat what's causing the problem and look for any error messages. Try
looking at this as well.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;218617#kb1