Two identical java add-ons loaded in Internet Explorer?

Hi,
Tools, Manage Add-Ons.., select show "addons that have been used..."

In the list I see Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04 twice with exactly the same
description, status, type, filename, etc. Is this normal? And how do I take
these things out of here? I don't mean disable. There are radio buttons for
that below. Say, what if I want one of these gone for good?

Thanks.
Ace.
1 answer Last reply
More about identical java loaded internet explorer

    It seems to be the "normal" behavior for these active-x controls. If you go
    to WINDOWS\downloaded program files folder you can see them here also. If
    you right-click on the items and select properties you can see that almost
    everything is identical on the two "files" except for the ID. I have no
    idea why Java works this way.

    "news.verizon.net" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Tools, Manage Add-Ons.., select show "addons that have been used..."
    >
    > In the list I see Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04 twice with exactly the same
    > description, status, type, filename, etc. Is this normal? And how do I
    > take these things out of here? I don't mean disable. There are radio
    > buttons for that below. Say, what if I want one of these gone for good?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Ace.

Internet Explorer Java Windows XP