Two identical java add-ons loaded in Internet Explorer?

Hi,
Tools, Manage Add-Ons.., select show "addons that have been used..."

In the list I see Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04 twice with exactly the same
description, status, type, filename, etc. Is this normal? And how do I take
these things out of here? I don't mean disable. There are radio buttons for
that below. Say, what if I want one of these gone for good?

Thanks.
Ace.

It seems to be the "normal" behavior for these active-x controls. If you go
to WINDOWS\downloaded program files folder you can see them here also. If
you right-click on the items and select properties you can see that almost
everything is identical on the two "files" except for the ID. I have no
idea why Java works this way.

"news.verizon.net" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Tools, Manage Add-Ons.., select show "addons that have been used..."
>
> In the list I see Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04 twice with exactly the same
> description, status, type, filename, etc. Is this normal? And how do I
> take these things out of here? I don't mean disable. There are radio
> buttons for that below. Say, what if I want one of these gone for good?
>
> Thanks.
> Ace.

TRENDING THREADS