Call Forwarding Policy

Grumpy

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001

Can someone explain Nextel's policy on call forwarding, because Nextel
cannot.

I have my phone set up so that a missed call is forwarded to my alpha pager.
I don't like cellular voicemail.

Each call that I miss and is forwarded to my pager shows as an extra charge
on my bill.

Since it is a call, why isn't the airtime for this missed call deducted from
my plan? I am already paying for lots of minutes, and in my opinion this is
sort of double billing.

I came over from Verizon, and their policy was that forwarded calls are
subtracted from the subscriber's call package.

Comments please?

If you read your agreement, you would find that calls forwarded to other
numbers are billed at $0.20/minute. That is pretty much standard in the
industry.