Windows XP Pro to Windows XP Home

Hi, i've got a problem and this is my last resort. I had been using
Windows XP Proffesional Edition with Service Pack 2 on my computer.
There were some hardware problems so i installed Windows XP Home
Edition on it. THe problem is now i cannot locate my files from windows
xp pro. I did not do a clean installation, and my hard drive has the
same amount of space gone, meaning the files are there. i have tried
going to documents and settings to the folder, but the i keep getting
an "Access denied" error which is weird because i did not have a
password setting for the user name. Any help from any one would be
appreciated.

--
toprahman
1 answer Last reply

    Take Ownership, #9 on this link:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/adsecurity.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "toprahman" <toprahman.1tj9po@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hi, i've got a problem and this is my last resort. I had been using
    > Windows XP Proffesional Edition with Service Pack 2 on my computer.
    > There were some hardware problems so i installed Windows XP Home
    > Edition on it. THe problem is now i cannot locate my files from windows
    > xp pro. I did not do a clean installation, and my hard drive has the
    > same amount of space gone, meaning the files are there. i have tried
    > going to documents and settings to the folder, but the i keep getting
    > an "Access denied" error which is weird because i did not have a
    > password setting for the user name. Any help from any one would be
    > appreciated.
    >

    > --
    > toprahman

Microsoft Windows XP