BOB ROBERTS IS BACK AND WELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark

9/19/5
Delayed a few days seems like the understatement of the century now! Alice &
I, along with our family members, have survived Katrina. Our power was
restored this weekend bringing us the much needed A/C to combat these
stifling hot days. We still do not have mail service & our phone/ADSL lines
are dangling from the junction box up on the pole outside our home. We have
a huge repair & clean up task, along with a gazillion forms to fill out,
ahead of us. Hopefully, my PC, printers & other peripheral equipment is
still functional. I had to dismantle it all at the height of the storm & it
was so full of water that I even had to pour it out of my backup power
source that I was hoping to use for light during this process. It has had
days to dry out & looks very clean at this point, so I'll try to put the
whole thing back together as soon as possible. As soon as we are able to be
back online I will begin the arduous journey through emails that made it to
our server. It may help to speed up the process if you update any orders
that you filled elsewhere, using the same email address that you used to
place the order originally. This will allow me to look at all emails from
the same sender in reverse order to determine current status. As soon as we
have mail service we'll go through any payments sent for orders that have
not yet been shipped for a current status.

Katrina was a very bad girl... the worst in my lifetime... worse than Betsy
Sept 1965... Camille Aug 1969... Carmen Sept 1974... and I'd venture to say
that she was worse than all the more recent smaller hurricanes combined. Our
home was built tough in 1957 and had managed to escape all the previous
hurricanes unscathed, but Katrina beat her up pretty good, although through
a series of smaller wind driven damages that can be corrected, unlike many
thousands of our neighbors who were less fortunate. Our hearts go out to
them and our thanks go out to all those worldwide who have been assisting
Louisiana in her hour of need.

8/27/5
Things will be delayed for a few days as hurricane Katrina has it's eye on
New Orleans! Unlike her little brother Ivan, she is on a more direct path
right at us! Mandatory evacuations started this morning with Plaquemines
Parish followed by several others, along with voluntary evacuation for New
Orleans, which will most likely be upgraded to mandatory this evening.
Stores are closed & boarded up at this point, as well as, many gas stations
which have run out of gas. Alice & I have been devoting our time to
hurricane preparedness, so email, orders, notifications & such are delayed,
but I will try to square up everything pre-Katrina since she will no doubt
be responsible for power outages for several days after we have weathered
her wrath.

Incredibly, all roads lead out of New Orleans at this time with zero roads
in... and it looks like the contraflow traffic plan is a great success,
alleviating the bumper to bumper exodus of Ivan's evacuation.
--

THANKS.MARK,
MARKLINE VENDING

Thanks for the update.

Scott C.

MARK wrote:
> [...]
> right at us! Mandatory evacuations started this morning with Plaquemines
> Parish followed by several others, along with voluntary evacuation for New
> Orleans, which will most likely be upgraded to mandatory this evening.
> Stores are closed & boarded up at this point, as well as, many gas stations
> which have run out of gas. Alice & I have been devoting our time to
> hurricane preparedness, so email, orders, notifications & such are delayed,
> but I will try to square up everything pre-Katrina since she will no doubt
> be responsible for power outages for several days after we have weathered
> her wrath.
>
> Incredibly, all roads lead out of New Orleans at this time with zero roads
> in... and it looks like the contraflow traffic plan is a great success,
> alleviating the bumper to bumper exodus of Ivan's evacuation.

Excellent, glad to hear Bob and family came through safely, the buildings,
etc can be fixed.

Mark Hooks

"MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message

> [...]
> Stores are closed & boarded up at this point, as well as, many gas
> stations which have run out of gas. Alice & I have been devoting our time
> to hurricane preparedness, so email, orders, notifications & such are
> delayed, but I will try to square up everything pre-Katrina since she will
> no doubt be responsible for power outages for several days after we have
> weathered her wrath.
>
> Incredibly, all roads lead out of New Orleans at this time with zero roads
> in... and it looks like the contraflow traffic plan is a great success,
> alleviating the bumper to bumper exodus of Ivan's evacuation.
> --
>
> THANKS.MARK,
> MARKLINE VENDING
> BUY/SELL/TRADE/VIDEO GAMES
> VENDING MACHINES,SLOTS,PINBALLS
> OVER 100+CLASSIC VIDEO GAMES IN STOCK,ETC.ETC.

Whew! This is quite a comfort to know. It sounds like, for the most part,
Bob got through pretty lucky.

Thanks for the update!

Bill

> [...]
stations
> which have run out of gas. Alice & I have been devoting our time to
> hurricane preparedness, so email, orders, notifications & such are
delayed,
> but I will try to square up everything pre-Katrina since she will no doubt
> be responsible for power outages for several days after we have weathered
> her wrath.
>
> Incredibly, all roads lead out of New Orleans at this time with zero roads
> in... and it looks like the contraflow traffic plan is a great success,
> alleviating the bumper to bumper exodus of Ivan's evacuation.
> --
>
> THANKS.MARK,
> MARKLINE VENDING
> BUY/SELL/TRADE/VIDEO GAMES
> VENDING MACHINES,SLOTS,PINBALLS
> OVER 100+CLASSIC VIDEO GAMES IN STOCK,ETC.ETC.

Hi,

Glad to hear that.

Mark Capps

WEade wrote:

> [...]
>
> stations
>
>>which have run out of gas. Alice & I have been devoting our time to
>>hurricane preparedness, so email, orders, notifications & such are
>
> delayed,
>
>>but I will try to square up everything pre-Katrina since she will no doubt
>>be responsible for power outages for several days after we have weathered
>>her wrath.
>>
>>Incredibly, all roads lead out of New Orleans at this time with zero roads
>>in... and it looks like the contraflow traffic plan is a great success,
>>alleviating the bumper to bumper exodus of Ivan's evacuation.
>>--
>>
>> THANKS.MARK,
>>MARKLINE VENDING
>>BUY/SELL/TRADE/VIDEO GAMES
>>VENDING MACHINES,SLOTS,PINBALLS
>>OVER 100+CLASSIC VIDEO GAMES IN STOCK,ETC.ETC.

TRENDING THREADS