Volume On-Screen Display

I am able to adjust the volume on my computer, but the volume on-screen
display does not appear when I increase or decrease the volume, using either
the volume buttons or the hotkey buttons. I am looking for assistance as to
how I can have the volume on-screen display box appear again on my desktop
when I adjust the volume. I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2.

Go to Control Panel/Audio Properties and check the box that states (place
volume contol on taskbar).

"Taczy24" wrote:

> I am able to adjust the volume on my computer, but the volume on-screen
> display does not appear when I increase or decrease the volume, using either
> the volume buttons or the hotkey buttons. I am looking for assistance as to
> how I can have the volume on-screen display box appear again on my desktop
> when I adjust the volume. I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2.

Thanks for the answer but I was looking for the box that pops up on the
desktop when the volume is adjusted, not the volume icon on the taskbar. The
box I am describing pops up and is located towards the bottom right of the
screen, not the box that appears when the speaker icon is clicked. It has
only been recently that this hasn't worked but the volume icon does work. I
would just like to have the other box as well.

"jerryrock" wrote:

> Go to Control Panel/Audio Properties and check the box that states (place
> volume contol on taskbar).
>
> "Taczy24" wrote:
>
> > I am able to adjust the volume on my computer, but the volume on-screen
> > display does not appear when I increase or decrease the volume, using either
> > the volume buttons or the hotkey buttons. I am looking for assistance as to
> > how I can have the volume on-screen display box appear again on my desktop
> > when I adjust the volume. I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2.

bill

hey i'd like to know that also.it used to be good when you could see where
your vol was.
thanks for bring that up.