Password System Save Problem

August 10, 2005 1:03:17 PM

How can I retrieve incoming messages again in Outlook Express without
logging in with my
password? I had this happen in the past and had to update the Windows
Registry by deleting an entry and than reset my password successfully.
However, I cannot remember how it was done.

I am using Windows XP SP1 with OE6.

Please advise. Thank you.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:22:08 PM

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
news:p pjKe.579741$cg1.343746@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> How can I retrieve incoming messages again in Outlook Express without
> logging in with my
> password? I had this happen in the past and had to update the Windows
> Registry by deleting an entry and than reset my password successfully.
> However, I cannot remember how it was done.
>
> I am using Windows XP SP1 with OE6.
>
> Please advise. Thank you.

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 1:10:10 AM

Thanks. This link may help me to correct the password problem.