Password System Save Problem

How can I retrieve incoming messages again in Outlook Express without
logging in with my
password? I had this happen in the past and had to update the Windows
Registry by deleting an entry and than reset my password successfully.
However, I cannot remember how it was done.

I am using Windows XP SP1 with OE6.

Please advise. Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about password system save problem

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
    > How can I retrieve incoming messages again in Outlook Express without
    > logging in with my
    > password? I had this happen in the past and had to update the Windows
    > Registry by deleting an entry and than reset my password successfully.
    > However, I cannot remember how it was done.
    >
    > I am using Windows XP SP1 with OE6.
    >
    > Please advise. Thank you.

    Thanks. This link may help me to correct the password problem.

    > Hi
    >
    > Please see if the following article helps:
    >
    > "Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
    > > How can I retrieve incoming messages again in Outlook Express without
    > > logging in with my
    > > password? I had this happen in the past and had to update the Windows
    > > Registry by deleting an entry and than reset my password successfully.
    > > However, I cannot remember how it was done.
    > >
    > > I am using Windows XP SP1 with OE6.
    > >
    > > Please advise. Thank you.

Windows XP