Index method of microsoft index server (IIX)

Hi, I read all documentation available on MSDN about IIX, but I still need
more precision about the method to index documents.

For example I was searching the word strategy in all my documents, and I was
surprized to realize the document "proposal strategies" with at least 60
times the word strategy in the document, had a rank lower than another one
with only 15 times the word strategy.

Is there any expert I could contact to have more information about IIX ?

Thank you very much,
1 answer Last reply
More about index method microsoft index server

    Christelle wrote:
    > Hi, I read all documentation available on MSDN about IIX, but I still need
    > more precision about the method to index documents.
    >
    > For example I was searching the word strategy in all my documents, and I was
    > surprized to realize the document "proposal strategies" with at least 60
    > times the word strategy in the document, had a rank lower than another one
    > with only 15 times the word strategy.
    >
    > Is there any expert I could contact to have more information about IIX ?
    >
    > Thank you very much,

    I've looked into this before and there's not much
    information about. However, one of the considerations is
    that if there are too many occurrences of a string, it is
    considered that the page is "loaded" to get a higher value
    and Index server/services downgrades it.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

Document Microsoft Servers Windows XP