Index method of microsoft index server (IIX)

August 10, 2005 6:52:39 AM

Hi, I read all documentation available on MSDN about IIX, but I still need
more precision about the method to index documents.

For example I was searching the word strategy in all my documents, and I was
surprized to realize the document "proposal strategies" with at least 60
times the word strategy in the document, had a rank lower than another one
with only 15 times the word strategy.

Is there any expert I could contact to have more information about IIX ?

Thank you very much,
August 11, 2005 2:21:06 AM

Christelle wrote:
> Hi, I read all documentation available on MSDN about IIX, but I still need
> more precision about the method to index documents.
>
> For example I was searching the word strategy in all my documents, and I was
> surprized to realize the document "proposal strategies" with at least 60
> times the word strategy in the document, had a rank lower than another one
> with only 15 times the word strategy.
>
> Is there any expert I could contact to have more information about IIX ?
>
> Thank you very much,

I've looked into this before and there's not much
information about. However, one of the considerations is
that if there are too many occurrences of a string, it is
considered that the page is "loaded" to get a higher value
and Index server/services downgrades it.

Cheers,

Cliff