O S Install Mode enabled

Jergen

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2005

I have a Dell PC, XP Home edition. When I start the PC up the first screen
that comes up states " O S Install mode enabled. Amount of available memory
limited to 256MB. Strike the F1 key to continue. F2 to run the setup
utility." If you hit F1 the Pc seems to work fine but I can't tell if it is
only using 253MB of memory. There is 512MB of RAM installed on this machine.
Any clue why this message is coming up on startup?

chix4mac

When that message comes up hit F2 look for something called OS Install Mode, and disable it. save settings and restart.

krimincho

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

Salam, Peace,
If u have an Optiplex 280 there is no way to modify the option on the bios unlike gx270. So the solution is to download a bios modification utility from dell to do so. I have test it it worked.
A.B.