Increasing size of recycle bin

August 10, 2005 2:16:11 PM

I'can change the size of the recycle bin. I have tried right clicking on the
recycle icon and then on the Global tab. I then click "Use one setting for
all drives" and then set the slide bar at 10% and click apply and OK. My HD
is 160 gigs so I should end up with about 16 gigs of recycle space, yet it
only shows 3.99 gigs available. I have also tried to configure the drives
independently and end up with the same result. If I delete something that
exceeds the limit a previously deleted file is removed from the recycle bin
to make space for the newer deleted file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
August 10, 2005 11:58:57 PM

10% of free space maybe?

"PhilM" <PhilM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'can change the size of the recycle bin. I have tried right clicking on
the
> recycle icon and then on the Global tab. I then click "Use one setting for
> all drives" and then set the slide bar at 10% and click apply and OK. My
HD
> is 160 gigs so I should end up with about 16 gigs of recycle space, yet it
> only shows 3.99 gigs available. I have also tried to configure the drives
> independently and end up with the same result. If I delete something that
> exceeds the limit a previously deleted file is removed from the recycle
bin
> to make space for the newer deleted file.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:58:58 PM

If thats the case I have 110 gigs free, so I should get 11 gigs in the
recycle bin.

"DL" wrote:

> 10% of free space maybe?
>
> "PhilM" <PhilM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'can change the size of the recycle bin. I have tried right clicking on
> the
> > recycle icon and then on the Global tab. I then click "Use one setting for
> > all drives" and then set the slide bar at 10% and click apply and OK. My
> HD
> > is 160 gigs so I should end up with about 16 gigs of recycle space, yet it
> > only shows 3.99 gigs available. I have also tried to configure the drives
> > independently and end up with the same result. If I delete something that
> > exceeds the limit a previously deleted file is removed from the recycle
> bin
> > to make space for the newer deleted file.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks

August 11, 2005 1:28:58 AM

Do not use the recycle bin for storage.

"PhilM" <PhilM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'can change the size of the recycle bin. I have tried right clicking on
> the
> recycle icon and then on the Global tab. I then click "Use one setting for
> all drives" and then set the slide bar at 10% and click apply and OK. My
> HD
> is 160 gigs so I should end up with about 16 gigs of recycle space, yet it
> only shows 3.99 gigs available. I have also tried to configure the drives
> independently and end up with the same result. If I delete something that
> exceeds the limit a previously deleted file is removed from the recycle
> bin
> to make space for the newer deleted file.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

August 11, 2005 11:50:17 PM

Perhaps the max size of the bin?