Increasing size of recycle bin

I'can change the size of the recycle bin. I have tried right clicking on the
recycle icon and then on the Global tab. I then click "Use one setting for
all drives" and then set the slide bar at 10% and click apply and OK. My HD
is 160 gigs so I should end up with about 16 gigs of recycle space, yet it
only shows 3.99 gigs available. I have also tried to configure the drives
independently and end up with the same result. If I delete something that
exceeds the limit a previously deleted file is removed from the recycle bin
to make space for the newer deleted file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about increasing size recycle

    10% of free space maybe?

    "PhilM" <PhilM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'can change the size of the recycle bin. I have tried right clicking on
    the
    > recycle icon and then on the Global tab. I then click "Use one setting for
    > all drives" and then set the slide bar at 10% and click apply and OK. My
    HD
    > is 160 gigs so I should end up with about 16 gigs of recycle space, yet it
    > only shows 3.99 gigs available. I have also tried to configure the drives
    > independently and end up with the same result. If I delete something that
    > exceeds the limit a previously deleted file is removed from the recycle
    bin
    > to make space for the newer deleted file.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks

    If thats the case I have 110 gigs free, so I should get 11 gigs in the
    recycle bin.

    "DL" wrote:

    > 10% of free space maybe?
    >
    > "PhilM" <PhilM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I'can change the size of the recycle bin. I have tried right clicking on
    > the
    > > recycle icon and then on the Global tab. I then click "Use one setting for
    > > all drives" and then set the slide bar at 10% and click apply and OK. My
    > HD
    > > is 160 gigs so I should end up with about 16 gigs of recycle space, yet it
    > > only shows 3.99 gigs available. I have also tried to configure the drives
    > > independently and end up with the same result. If I delete something that
    > > exceeds the limit a previously deleted file is removed from the recycle
    > bin
    > > to make space for the newer deleted file.
    > >
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > > Thanks

    Do not use the recycle bin for storage.

    "PhilM" <PhilM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'can change the size of the recycle bin. I have tried right clicking on
    > the
    > recycle icon and then on the Global tab. I then click "Use one setting for
    > all drives" and then set the slide bar at 10% and click apply and OK. My
    > HD
    > is 160 gigs so I should end up with about 16 gigs of recycle space, yet it
    > only shows 3.99 gigs available. I have also tried to configure the drives
    > independently and end up with the same result. If I delete something that
    > exceeds the limit a previously deleted file is removed from the recycle
    > bin
    > to make space for the newer deleted file.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks

    Perhaps the max size of the bin?
    Why would you want any more?

    > If thats the case I have 110 gigs free, so I should get 11 gigs in the
    > recycle bin.
    >
    > "DL" wrote:
    >
    > > 10% of free space maybe?
    > >
    > > "PhilM" <PhilM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I'can change the size of the recycle bin. I have tried right clicking
    on
    > > the
    > > > recycle icon and then on the Global tab. I then click "Use one setting
    for
    > > > all drives" and then set the slide bar at 10% and click apply and OK.
    My
    > > HD
    > > > is 160 gigs so I should end up with about 16 gigs of recycle space,
    yet it
    > > > only shows 3.99 gigs available. I have also tried to configure the
    drives
    > > > independently and end up with the same result. If I delete something
    that
    > > > exceeds the limit a previously deleted file is removed from the
    recycle
    > > bin
    > > > to make space for the newer deleted file.
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > > > Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP