Does anyone know of software that lets you make regular vo..

I want to use phone dialer to use my pc as a phone. every time I make
a call, I get the answer on the other line but they cannot hear me
speaking. the dialog box that pops up says I should lift the receiver
and talk so does this mean I have to have a handset for it to work,
this seems to defeat the purpose of having software to mimic a phone.

bill

vonage.they are voip right now get 1 mo. free. you use YOUR land line phone
just like always except it is connected to your computer. YOU DO NEED HIGH
SPEED INTERNET or CABLE. if you have a yahoo account when you log in and are
at your mail box their add is on the left side.
you can go to GLIPHONE if you have a mic and speakers and check them out. i
have used it and it is ok but the other IS better.
hope this helps
bill

"tmt" wrote:

> I want to use phone dialer to use my pc as a phone. every time I make
> a call, I get the answer on the other line but they cannot hear me
> speaking. the dialog box that pops up says I should lift the receiver
> and talk so does this mean I have to have a handset for it to work,
> this seems to defeat the purpose of having software to mimic a phone.

Thanks for the tip. What are the rates like? While I was online
researching this, I stumbled across net2phone which is basically a
watered down version of windows messenger with the pc to phone
functionality. It appears to be cheap rates. what are your rates like?