Movie Maker preview problem.

I am using version 2.1 of Windows Movie Maker. I appear to be able to make
projects and save them as WMV, as well as import pictures, music, video etc.
But the problem is with the in-Maker preview. It simply won't work.

All of the playback controls are greyed out, and I have tried "Play > Play
Timeline/Storyboard". The information text around the preview (name of
current clip, the word "stopped" and the 00:00:00:00/00:20:00:00 [eg.]) are
blinking quite a bit. The clips etc are in the storyboard/timeline, but the
preview won't work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Have you tried the experts in the movie maker newsgroup?

Tom

"codenamecuckoo" <codenamecuckoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I am using version 2.1 of Windows Movie Maker. I appear to be able to make
| projects and save them as WMV, as well as import pictures, music, video
etc.
| But the problem is with the in-Maker preview. It simply won't work.
|
| All of the playback controls are greyed out, and I have tried "Play > Play
| Timeline/Storyboard". The information text around the preview (name of
| current clip, the word "stopped" and the 00:00:00:00/00:20:00:00 [eg.])
are
| blinking quite a bit. The clips etc are in the storyboard/timeline, but
the
| preview won't work.
|
| Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

No, but I have now, thanks :D

All I had to do was Run regsvr32 quartz.dll and that completely fixed it. Oh
and disable the video preview filters in Movie Maker options.