Movie Maker preview problem.

I am using version 2.1 of Windows Movie Maker. I appear to be able to make
projects and save them as WMV, as well as import pictures, music, video etc.
But the problem is with the in-Maker preview. It simply won't work.

All of the playback controls are greyed out, and I have tried "Play > Play
Timeline/Storyboard". The information text around the preview (name of
current clip, the word "stopped" and the 00:00:00:00/00:20:00:00 [eg.]) are
blinking quite a bit. The clips etc are in the storyboard/timeline, but the
preview won't work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)
2 answers Last reply
More about movie maker preview problem

    Have you tried the experts in the movie maker newsgroup?

    Tom

    "codenamecuckoo" <codenamecuckoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    |I am using version 2.1 of Windows Movie Maker. I appear to be able to make
    | projects and save them as WMV, as well as import pictures, music, video
    etc.
    | But the problem is with the in-Maker preview. It simply won't work.
    |
    | All of the playback controls are greyed out, and I have tried "Play > Play
    | Timeline/Storyboard". The information text around the preview (name of
    | current clip, the word "stopped" and the 00:00:00:00/00:20:00:00 [eg.])
    are
    | blinking quite a bit. The clips etc are in the storyboard/timeline, but
    the
    | preview won't work.
    |
    | Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

    No, but I have now, thanks :D

    All I had to do was Run regsvr32 quartz.dll and that completely fixed it. Oh
    and disable the video preview filters in Movie Maker options.

    "Tom Pepper Willett" wrote:

    > Have you tried the experts in the movie maker newsgroup?
    >
    > Tom
    >
    > "codenamecuckoo" <codenamecuckoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > |I am using version 2.1 of Windows Movie Maker. I appear to be able to make
    > | projects and save them as WMV, as well as import pictures, music, video
    > etc.
    > | But the problem is with the in-Maker preview. It simply won't work.
    > |
    > | All of the playback controls are greyed out, and I have tried "Play > Play
    > | Timeline/Storyboard". The information text around the preview (name of
    > | current clip, the word "stopped" and the 00:00:00:00/00:20:00:00 [eg.])
    > are
    > | blinking quite a bit. The clips etc are in the storyboard/timeline, but
    > the
    > | preview won't work.
    > |
    > | Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Windows Movie Maker Movie Maker Windows XP