Dual Graphics Cards

XerXes

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
I just bought a new computer (a Micron) with a nVidia GeForce 2 MX 200. I bought the computer with the lowly graphics card so that I could upgrade to an ATI All In Wonder Radeon. However, after checking the benchmarks for the AIW Radeon, I noticed that the graphics performance is not much better than the GeForce 2 MX. Of course, I would like to have somewhere near top of the line graphics performance, so I might end up getting a GeForce3 or something of that nature. The problem with that is losing all the features of the AIW Radeon, which I really want.

What I would like to know is if I get the AGP GeForce3 and then a PCI AIW Radeon (with 32 MB of SDR RAM) to go with it, would there be any conflicts with both cards in? Would the TV Tuner and Video In/Out on the AIW Radeon still work, while at the same time using the 64 MB of DDR RAM from the GeForce3 for games? And is there a possibility of using the 32 MB of SDR RAM from the Radeon in conjunction with the 64 from the GeForce3 (for an added boost in performance)?

Any support would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot! If you know how this all works, it would be great if you could explain how using the 2 graphics cards would work (considering the drivers and all...).

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I will know this weekend as I have a Radeon PCI coming in today or tomorrow. I'll keep you up as to how it works

<font color=red>To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie</font color=red>.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad:

G

Y don u just wait to get an ATI RAdeon AIW 8500DV? That's their latest and greatest of th e AIW line!. Check out the info on ati site.

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The Radeon 8500DV would be the absolute best bet. I just played with my Radeon during lunch and couldn't get it to play DVD's without problems with my GF2. Sometimes the damned thing would just reboot, but I think it might be because my CPU's overclocked. The Radeon 8500DV has dual display support, GF3 performance, tv tuner, just about everything you could want and the price is looking to be $300-$400. Not too bad for all those features.

<font color=red>To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie</font color=red>.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad:

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
that's a little optimistic I've heard sometime in September and that's it.