problems with system restore

Bertie

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

help im having problems with system restore on my home computer i can only
restore the computer back to previous restore point if i try to go back
further it goes through all the motions then the computer restarts ect i hit
my user name after a dellay it says it was unable to restore to this day
please try anouter date im not great on a computer but i am only using the
bold dates that are restoring points it seems to restore to the closest
restoration point only ie 2 days previous. if someone can talk me through my
problem in simple terms i would be most grateful thank you

Hi,

This would indicate the restore point older than second day is corrupt. When a restore
point becomes corrupt it will fail, along with all previous restore points. The only
solution is to delete the corrupted restore points. I would suggest using Disk Cleanup to
do so. All restore point will be removed except the most recent.

Using System Restore & Disk Cleanup
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/diskclean.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

bertie wrote:
> help im having problems with system restore on my home computer.
>
> i can only restore the computer back to previous restore point
>
> if i try to go back further it goes through all the motions then the computer restarts
> ect
>
> i hit my user name after a dellay it says it was unable to restore to this day please
> try anouter date
>
> im not great on a computer but i am only using the bold dates that are restoring points
> it seems to restore to the closest
> restoration point only ie 2 days previous.
>
> if someone can talk me through my problem in simple terms i would be most grateful thank
> you

Bertie

Distinguished
May 26, 2004