ok... so i tried to reinstall windows xp home edition @ home b/c dell wanted
me to pay them to do it... and i have udpated other computers so i figured it
would be no problem. well after installing it... there are still 2 verisons
of the xp the old one and the new service pak 2( i think ...the newer one);
the old one will not even load and when you click on the new one the microsft
xp loading page comes up it loads n then the screen goes blank!! can someone
help please... i'm dying!

AJordan Wrote:
> ok... so i tried to reinstall windows xp home edition @ home b/c dell
> wanted
> me to pay them to do it... and i have udpated other computers so i
> figured it
> would be no problem. well after installing it... there are still 2
> verisons
> of the xp the old one and the new service pak 2( i think ...the newer
> one);
> the old one will not even load and when you click on the new one the
> microsft
> xp loading page comes up it loads n then the screen goes blank!! can
> someone
> help please... i'm dying!

What I suggest you do is to reformat the whole hard disk and once
again, perform a CLEAN install. This time, make sure to delete all the
partitions when you get to the screen on the install. Next, create a
new partition and install Windows XP on that. In the end, you should
only have on partition, which is the one you got XP installed on. Hope
that clears everything up. :eek:

--
Evolution54