LMS Services could not startup! (L925)

Tags:
  • Media Server
  • Windows XP
August 10, 2005 11:55:20 PM

Can anyone help me with this as it's doing my nut in.
I bought a standalone dvd player which you can network up and use a PC
as a media server (liteon media server), both my PC's (laptop and
desktop) have xp pro sp2 installed.
Now the media server app installs and works fine on the laptop BUT on
the desktop any attempt to start it gives the error message "LMS
services could not startup! (L935)
I've tried to good on LMS servies but i get nothing apart from Learning
managment servies also tried MS knowledgebase but no mention of it at
all

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Adam

More about : lms services startup l925

August 21, 2005 5:21:45 AM

Hi, have just purchased the same (Liteon LVD-2010) with similar PC
setup as you, and receive the same error message.

Did you get any info on your problem please?

John
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:51:51 PM

johnnyb schrieb:

> Hi, have just purchased the same (Liteon LVD-2010) with similar PC
> setup as you, and receive the same error message.
>
> Did you get any info on your problem please?
>
> John

Hi,
just deinstall all java and the media server - the reboot and install
the media server software. it comes with java 1.4.2 - then it works.
I created the media server as a service which is much cooler i think
;-) just read the microsoft support: How To Create a User-Defined
Service Q137890
but watch out, you need to start the mediaserver with you username,
otherwise it will start but will not find your files.
and dont forget to remove the shortcut from the autostart.

Hope it will help you guys ,-)
Heini
September 1, 2005 5:25:32 AM

Thanks for info... All sorted now, but found the wireless adapter
useless with regard Range. I have been attempting to optimise, but
can only get about 3 feet out of it... Works great with CAT5 though -
of course.... There must be a way that it can record the other way
though?

Any thoughts on being able to configure the DVD to send the picture to
the PC?

Thanks again.

John
!