I have upgraded the motherboard and CPU in my computer. I used the old
video card, mouse, keyboard, hdd, cdrom, everything else, just a new
motherboard and CPU in a new case. When I power it up, I get "NTLDR not
found". I tried several things I found here about using the Recovery
Console and copying NTLDR and Netdetect.com to C:\, Fixmbr and Fixboot.
It keeps giving the NTLDR not found error. I put the hdd back in the
old case with the old motherboard/CPU and started it up. It wanted to
do a diskscan, which completed with no errors found, but Windows
started right up after that. I didn't want to reformat and reinstall
windows. I was hoping to keep using the hdd as it was with the
settings and programs the way I've had them. Will this not be
possible? The old computer is a Compaq Deskpro EN. Maybe it just has
too much proprietary stuff on it?

Thanks for any ideas.

Sorry, didn't see I was in Windows XP, wanted Windows 2000 help. I'll
repost there, not need to reply here.