Very strange behavior

Jespark

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2001
Hi there. I bought an Asus GeForce2 MX400 32MB and I had some problems. I tried several ways to solve It before asking you guys, and now here I am.

First: The brand new card could not be installed. The drivers didn't recognized any GeForce. That problem has mysteriously disappeared.

The other problem, the weird one, is the following:
In the BIOS, there is some king of "writing lag".
After I get in some screen, The words are written so slowly that I can see them being written. Is kind of like there was something stopping the video card of running at 100%. Are you understanding me? Please say if the problem is not very clear...

And that is only in the BIOS. I run quake3 and 3dmark2001 with no crashes, and looks like there is not any problem under windows.

My system: Athlon slot 800, Asus K7V (via KX133)
I tried: Win98SE, formatting, directx8, last via 4in1, detonator 12.41. The voltages are stable and I think the problem is not with the psu.

thanks...

[SOA]Jespark<b>-CWB</b>
ME AMARRO EM UT MAS MINHA LINHA É UMA DROGA

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Check your keyboard auto-repeat rate/delay in your system BIOS.

<font color=red>It is the weakest link. They are not ready yet many have tried and failed with it.</font color=red>

Jespark

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2001
How could be that causing any problem?

Ps: I talked to several friends, and we came to the conclusion that Its my mobo's chipset (Via KX133) that must be causing all those problems... I think I am going to buy a new mobo soon.

[SOA]Jespark<b>-CWB</b>
ME AMARRO EM UT MAS MINHA LINHA É UMA DROGA