Dell 9100 Ship Date

Today, 6/2, Dell's web site is showing a 'Preliminary Ship Date' of
7/1/2005 for the 9100. On 5/26 it was 6/24/2005. The ship date seems
to be slipping day for day. Does anyone know whether this results from
problems they are having getting the assembly line going, or will they
always show a ship date that is 29 days in the future?

I don't know about the assembly line problems, but I do know from experience
and numerous posts on the subject that I have read in this group, that the
page you refer to is notoriously unreliable.
We now have 3 Dell computers and that page was incorrect on all three.
In one case we received the computer before that web site showed it was even
in production.

"Shel" <sshallon@XXXdslextreme.com> wrote in message
> Today, 6/2, Dell's web site is showing a 'Preliminary Ship Date' of
> 7/1/2005 for the 9100. On 5/26 it was 6/24/2005. The ship date seems
> to be slipping day for day. Does anyone know whether this results from
> problems they are having getting the assembly line going, or will they
> always show a ship date that is 29 days in the future?

Well, it could be they're getting actual orders. 7 days between your test
results in 7 days later ship date.

Makes sense.

I suspect they were flooded with orders.

Also, don't believe it. Every Dell I have ever ordered came faster than
that date. One showed about a month delay and arrived in 3 days.

Tom

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:30:25 -0700, Shel <sshallon@XXXdslextreme.com>
wrote:

>Today, 6/2, Dell's web site is showing a 'Preliminary Ship Date' of
>7/1/2005 for the 9100. On 5/26 it was 6/24/2005. The ship date seems
>to be slipping day for day. Does anyone know whether this results from
>problems they are having getting the assembly line going, or will they
>always show a ship date that is 29 days in the future?

From what I have read (Intel web site I think), they arent even
shipping that chipset until June 29th...