GeForce2 ULTRA !!!PCI!!! ITS TRUE

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
I recently heard from a very reliable source that a MFG. of the GeF Ultra was releasing a PCI version on the 25th of this month. the price will be about $200.00 and my friend who works at Circut City said his store will be selling it for $150.00 has anyone else heard about this?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It will definately suck. PCI does not offer the bandwidth necessary to operate it properly. The original TNT was the last card that offered meaningfull improvement for PCI over previous cards.

Back to you Tom...

G

don't think nvidia would release a product that only mobo's with 64bit pci could use...

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yet PCI is one hell of a bottle neck with today's benchmarks and games. I wouldn't waste my money on the G2 Ultra PCI. The MX should preform just as good.

<font color=red>It is the weakest link. They are not ready yet many have tried and failed with it.</font color=red>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I was just joking- I'm thinking of getting an 8Mb video card for my 200MHz- it's going to my little brother who is 5, so he really just plays those 2D kiddie/educational games. I may OC the thing also, but do you think the 8 MB vid card will give me a considerable performance boost over a 2MB vid card?

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
yeah it would.. years ago i replaced a matrox 2 mb with a ati rage pro aiw on my old p-66 and later p-2 233 and in addition to better 2d it supports hardware 3d your kid bro will appreciate the smoother graphics even in math blaster lol

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>I'm a NASTY Intel\AMD\Nvidia\ATI user and I'm just gonna TAKE that d@mn cookie</b> </font color=blue>