Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)
I'm pretty sure it is Isass.exe. You said that its a trojan. Do you
know what I can do to get rid of it? Hey if it is lsass do know what
that is? Thanks.
> Are you sure it is isass and not lsass.exe? Isass.exe is a trojan.
> "jlikea" email@example.com wrote in message
> Everytime I turn my computer on Windows begins to boot but then an
> message appears that reads as: Isass.exe system Error and it says "An
> invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." What does
> mean? After you click ok, Windows begins to boot all over again but
> then the error message appears again. It just keeps going in
> I have no idea how to fix this. What am I suppose to do? Can
> please help me?
XP Home - Boot Failure - lsass.exe system error - An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function
Windows XP Operating System
invalid, parameter, passed, service, function
System - Compaq Presario Pentium 4 1.7 ghz. Windows XP Home SP2
Initial problem - On power up system failed to boot. Error message was "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system"
Initial response - searched these forums and did the following:
1. Went into recovery console
2. ran chkdisk /r
3. reboot - same problem
4. Went back to recovery console
5. Followed Microsoft instructions to delete \windows\system32\config\system, software, sam, security, default files and replace them with those from the \windows\repair directory
7. after seeing boot screen, received following message: "lsass.exe - system error: an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function".
8. after clicking OK, system reboots and the same sequence repeats.