No CD or DVD Drive

I have no idea how it happened (13-year-old daughter?) but now my Winodws XP
doesn't recognize that there is a cd drive or a dvd drive. "My Computer"
only shows C and D.
I've lost the XP recovery disks, and I'm stuck.
Can anyone help?
1 answer Last reply
More about drive

    Try here..
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

    "Mike Dillon" <mdillon@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
    >I have no idea how it happened (13-year-old daughter?) but now my Winodws
    >XP doesn't recognize that there is a cd drive or a dvd drive. "My
    >Computer" only shows C and D.
    > I've lost the XP recovery disks, and I'm stuck.
    > Can anyone help?

DVD Drives Windows XP