No CD or DVD Drive

I have no idea how it happened (13-year-old daughter?) but now my Winodws XP
doesn't recognize that there is a cd drive or a dvd drive. "My Computer"
only shows C and D.
I've lost the XP recovery disks, and I'm stuck.
Can anyone help?

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Try here..
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

"Mike Dillon" <mdillon@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
>I have no idea how it happened (13-year-old daughter?) but now my Winodws
>XP doesn't recognize that there is a cd drive or a dvd drive. "My
>Computer" only shows C and D.
> I've lost the XP recovery disks, and I'm stuck.
> Can anyone help?

TRENDING THREADS