Winxp 2003 server startup issue

August 10, 2005 9:36:18 PM

I have multiple computers on a 4 button switch. If Winxp server
restarts for update or whatever, when I switch to it the mouse and
keyboard are dead. the only way to get them back it to reboot with that
conputer selected. I don't like this. besides not using the switch does
anyone have any other ideas????

Thanks.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 5:23:56 AM

In article <1123720578.261391.315880@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
dex857@hotmail.com says...
> I have multiple computers on a 4 button switch. If Winxp server
> restarts for update or whatever, when I switch to it the mouse and
> keyboard are dead. the only way to get them back it to reboot with that
> conputer selected. I don't like this. besides not using the switch does
> anyone have any other ideas????

Get rid of the switch and get a proper KVM device. You can get cheap 4
station KVM units for under $100.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me