HOW DO I USE THE DUAL MONITOR FEATURE IN WIN ME?

Blade2001

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
Ok people heres the deal. I have two graphics cards and two monitors. The one card is a Geforce2 MX AGP, and the other one is an S3 VIRGE PCI. They are both installed on the motherboard and both have a computer screen connected to each one of them (total 2). Now i want to use the dual monitors feature that there is on WinME. I mean having both monitors on and dragging your mouse pointer or whatever else from one monitor to the next. Both screens support this feature too. The problem is that everytime i boot up the system, it gets stuck even before it shows the WinMe logo. And then IF it boots, the other monitor (the one that is connected on the VGA PCI card) doesnt work at all. The thing is though that my boss (its his computer) has used this feature in the past (dual monitors) with absolutely no problem and with the same components (cards and monitors). WHAT should i do to fix this????

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
make sure that the primary VGA in the BIOS is set to PCI. If it still doesn't work try changing the slot of the PCI card. Also some boards don't like certain video cards it isn't documented but I've experienced it myself. GF2 MX's support a hokey type of dual display and this may conflict with another card (I'm not sure it's just a thought).

<font color=red>To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie</font color=red>.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad: