Dell outlets

Hi all,
just want to thank those who replied to an earlier post I put up about
a good PC configuration for using dictation software. I looked for a
while at Dell online as well as the Dell outlets but couldn't come up
with a low enough price for the machine I wanted (an 8400 with at
least 3.60 with 1 GHz RAM and a 1704 LCD monitor). I gave up for
while but then check Dell outlets after seeing it mentioned in and
article in PC Magazine. Sure enough, I found the machine I wanted
which also had windows XP pro, a radeon X300 with 128 MB, Sound
Blaster live, a CD/rw and DVD ROM and 80 GB hard drive for $1222. The
system appears to be brand-new, not a mark on the CPU or monitor, not
even on the feet on the bottoms of the units. The system went for
$1700 new when I priced it a couple of weeks ago. Just thought I'd
share this with those out there looking for a new PC, check the Dell
outlets often and be patient!

Dan
Quadzila@NOSPAMoptonline.net
Remove NOSPAM from address when replying
12 answers Last reply
More about dell outlets

    Dan wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > just want to thank those who replied to an earlier post I put up about
    > a good PC configuration for using dictation software. I looked for a
    > while at Dell online as well as the Dell outlets but couldn't come up
    > with a low enough price for the machine I wanted (an 8400 with at
    > least 3.60 with 1 GHz RAM and a 1704 LCD monitor). I gave up for
    > while but then check Dell outlets after seeing it mentioned in and
    > article in PC Magazine. Sure enough, I found the machine I wanted
    > which also had windows XP pro, a radeon X300 with 128 MB, Sound
    > Blaster live, a CD/rw and DVD ROM and 80 GB hard drive for $1222. The
    > system appears to be brand-new, not a mark on the CPU or monitor, not
    > even on the feet on the bottoms of the units. The system went for
    > $1700 new when I priced it a couple of weeks ago. Just thought I'd
    > share this with those out there looking for a new PC, check the Dell
    > outlets often and be patient!

    Very good advice!

    Sounds like a nice computer - good luck with it.

    I too just recently picked up a Dell 8400 from their outlet for $460
    w/Free shipping!
    My experience has been the same as Dans. The machine came out of the
    box as if it were brand new and is working just fine. I got the
    machine 2 weeks ago and so far I am very pleased with my purchase. The
    same machine would have cost closer to $1000 brand new. My machines
    configuration (w/o monitor):

    3.0 Ghz Pentium 4 630 w/HT Technology
    512 mb RAM
    80 GB 7200ATA hard drive
    CDRW drive
    DVD ROM drive
    128mb Radeon X300 video card
    Sound Blaster HD Live Sound Card
    Wireless keyboard & mouse
    Network interface card (gigabit)
    Windows XP Home
    1 year inhome warranty w/24x7 tech support

    I wanted windows XP pro - but for the price it was hard to pass up.
    Machines with XP pro on the outlet were at least around $700 and they
    weren't configured quite as nicely.
    The jury is still out if I will upgrade to PRO (I already have the
    software from my prior pc).

    Otherwise - extremely satisfied.

    I cant establish a VPN connection using NETWARE CLIENT with XP HOME.
    I can with XP Pro.

    Yeah, I tried tricking it (XP HOME) by loading the XP PRO CD and
    looking for it.
    No dice - it didn't work.

    Yes, I have that set - but the client I am attempting to connect to
    requires the netware as well (dont know why...I am no network expert).

    "Dom" <dgcam55@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I too just recently picked up a Dell 8400 from their outlet for $460
    > w/Free shipping!
    > My experience has been the same as Dans. The machine came out of the
    > box as if it were brand new and is working just fine. I got the
    > machine 2 weeks ago and so far I am very pleased with my purchase. The
    > same machine would have cost closer to $1000 brand new. My machines
    > configuration (w/o monitor):
    >
    > 3.0 Ghz Pentium 4 630 w/HT Technology
    > 512 mb RAM
    > 80 GB 7200ATA hard drive
    > CDRW drive
    > DVD ROM drive
    > 128mb Radeon X300 video card
    > Sound Blaster HD Live Sound Card
    > Wireless keyboard & mouse
    > Network interface card (gigabit)
    > Windows XP Home
    > 1 year inhome warranty w/24x7 tech support
    >
    > I wanted windows XP pro - but for the price it was hard to pass up.
    > Machines with XP pro on the outlet were at least around $700 and they
    > weren't configured quite as nicely.
    > The jury is still out if I will upgrade to PRO (I already have the
    > software from my prior pc).
    >
    > Otherwise - extremely satisfied.

    What does Pro do for you that Home won't? The feature differences, for a
    home user, are pretty darn small. The biggest is Remote Desktop and more
    sophisticated user based networking.

    Tom

    Really, what at odd limitation of Netware. Seems like there might be a
    better client.

    >I cant establish a VPN connection using NETWARE CLIENT with XP HOME.
    > I can with XP Pro.

    Are you using Microsoft's netware client? It's not very good. Novell's
    should be better.

    Although I haven't used Netware in a long, long time.

    Tom
    > Yeah, I tried tricking it (XP HOME) by loading the XP PRO CD and
    > looking for it.
    > No dice - it didn't work.

    I looked at the Dell outlet on the Dell UK site.

    Completely different over here.....
    The prices exclude monitors delivery VAT (Tax) and deliver. So most of the
    time you actually find the machines cost more than if you buy them under the
    usual site.
    please feel free to go to www.dell.co.uk and take a look to compare.

    While I am moaning...................
    No wonder they call the United Kingdom "Treasure Island"
    A dell machine here sells for the same amount in UK Pounds as it does in US
    dollars. Bearing in mind its around 1.85usd to 1ukp we get royally stuffed
    in this country.

    I think ill buy my next PC in the states and ship it back.

    Moan over! :)

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 12:23:28 +0100, "Rob" <robertnospam@bae-etc.com>
    wrote:

    >I looked at the Dell outlet on the Dell UK site.
    >
    >Completely different over here.....
    >The prices exclude monitors delivery VAT (Tax) and deliver. So most of the
    >time you actually find the machines cost more than if you buy them under the
    >usual site.
    >please feel free to go to www.dell.co.uk and take a look to compare.
    >
    >While I am moaning...................
    >No wonder they call the United Kingdom "Treasure Island"
    >A dell machine here sells for the same amount in UK Pounds as it does in US
    >dollars. Bearing in mind its around 1.85usd to 1ukp we get royally stuffed
    >in this country.
    >
    >I think ill buy my next PC in the states and ship it back.
    >

    >Moan over! :)

    Oh but just think! You have that great climate! Oooops..no....but
    you have Camelia!
    --
    Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

    Thanks for making my day worse!.....

    But in contrast...you still also have Bush

    I think im going to emigrate........

    Rob wrote:

    > Thanks for making my day worse!.....
    >
    > But in contrast...you still also have Bush
    >
    > I think im going to emigrate........

    Canada? France? OZ?

Dell Computers Product