Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dell outlets

Tags:
  • Dell
  • Computers
  • Product
Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
June 2, 2005 10:30:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Hi all,
just want to thank those who replied to an earlier post I put up about
a good PC configuration for using dictation software. I looked for a
while at Dell online as well as the Dell outlets but couldn't come up
with a low enough price for the machine I wanted (an 8400 with at
least 3.60 with 1 GHz RAM and a 1704 LCD monitor). I gave up for
while but then check Dell outlets after seeing it mentioned in and
article in PC Magazine. Sure enough, I found the machine I wanted
which also had windows XP pro, a radeon X300 with 128 MB, Sound
Blaster live, a CD/rw and DVD ROM and 80 GB hard drive for $1222. The
system appears to be brand-new, not a mark on the CPU or monitor, not
even on the feet on the bottoms of the units. The system went for
$1700 new when I priced it a couple of weeks ago. Just thought I'd
share this with those out there looking for a new PC, check the Dell
outlets often and be patient!

Dan
Quadzila@NOSPAMoptonline.net
Remove NOSPAM from address when replying

More about : dell outlets

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 11:27:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Dan wrote:

> Hi all,
> just want to thank those who replied to an earlier post I put up about
> a good PC configuration for using dictation software. I looked for a
> while at Dell online as well as the Dell outlets but couldn't come up
> with a low enough price for the machine I wanted (an 8400 with at
> least 3.60 with 1 GHz RAM and a 1704 LCD monitor). I gave up for
> while but then check Dell outlets after seeing it mentioned in and
> article in PC Magazine. Sure enough, I found the machine I wanted
> which also had windows XP pro, a radeon X300 with 128 MB, Sound
> Blaster live, a CD/rw and DVD ROM and 80 GB hard drive for $1222. The
> system appears to be brand-new, not a mark on the CPU or monitor, not
> even on the feet on the bottoms of the units. The system went for
> $1700 new when I priced it a couple of weeks ago. Just thought I'd
> share this with those out there looking for a new PC, check the Dell
> outlets often and be patient!

Very good advice!

Sounds like a nice computer - good luck with it.
June 3, 2005 1:42:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I too just recently picked up a Dell 8400 from their outlet for $460
w/Free shipping!
My experience has been the same as Dans. The machine came out of the
box as if it were brand new and is working just fine. I got the
machine 2 weeks ago and so far I am very pleased with my purchase. The
same machine would have cost closer to $1000 brand new. My machines
configuration (w/o monitor):

3.0 Ghz Pentium 4 630 w/HT Technology
512 mb RAM
80 GB 7200ATA hard drive
CDRW drive
DVD ROM drive
128mb Radeon X300 video card
Sound Blaster HD Live Sound Card
Wireless keyboard & mouse
Network interface card (gigabit)
Windows XP Home
1 year inhome warranty w/24x7 tech support

I wanted windows XP pro - but for the price it was hard to pass up.
Machines with XP pro on the outlet were at least around $700 and they
weren't configured quite as nicely.
The jury is still out if I will upgrade to PRO (I already have the
software from my prior pc).

Otherwise - extremely satisfied.
Related resources
June 3, 2005 4:49:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I cant establish a VPN connection using NETWARE CLIENT with XP HOME.
I can with XP Pro.
June 3, 2005 5:16:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Yeah, I tried tricking it (XP HOME) by loading the XP PRO CD and
looking for it.
No dice - it didn't work.
June 3, 2005 5:28:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Yes, I have that set - but the client I am attempting to connect to
requires the netware as well (dont know why...I am no network expert).
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 9:36:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Dom" <dgcam55@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1117816952.824531.114980@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I too just recently picked up a Dell 8400 from their outlet for $460
> w/Free shipping!
> My experience has been the same as Dans. The machine came out of the
> box as if it were brand new and is working just fine. I got the
> machine 2 weeks ago and so far I am very pleased with my purchase. The
> same machine would have cost closer to $1000 brand new. My machines
> configuration (w/o monitor):
>
> 3.0 Ghz Pentium 4 630 w/HT Technology
> 512 mb RAM
> 80 GB 7200ATA hard drive
> CDRW drive
> DVD ROM drive
> 128mb Radeon X300 video card
> Sound Blaster HD Live Sound Card
> Wireless keyboard & mouse
> Network interface card (gigabit)
> Windows XP Home
> 1 year inhome warranty w/24x7 tech support
>
> I wanted windows XP pro - but for the price it was hard to pass up.
> Machines with XP pro on the outlet were at least around $700 and they
> weren't configured quite as nicely.
> The jury is still out if I will upgrade to PRO (I already have the
> software from my prior pc).
>
> Otherwise - extremely satisfied.
>

What does Pro do for you that Home won't? The feature differences, for a
home user, are pretty darn small. The biggest is Remote Desktop and more
sophisticated user based networking.

Tom
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 12:08:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Really, what at odd limitation of Netware. Seems like there might be a
better client.


"Dom" <dgcam55@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1117828195.070035.247180@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I cant establish a VPN connection using NETWARE CLIENT with XP HOME.
> I can with XP Pro.
>
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 12:23:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Are you using Microsoft's netware client? It's not very good. Novell's
should be better.

Although I haven't used Netware in a long, long time.

Tom
"Dom" <dgcam55@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1117829786.768308.178850@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Yeah, I tried tricking it (XP HOME) by loading the XP PRO CD and
> looking for it.
> No dice - it didn't work.
>
June 6, 2005 4:23:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I looked at the Dell outlet on the Dell UK site.

Completely different over here.....
The prices exclude monitors delivery VAT (Tax) and deliver. So most of the
time you actually find the machines cost more than if you buy them under the
usual site.
please feel free to go to www.dell.co.uk and take a look to compare.

While I am moaning...................
No wonder they call the United Kingdom "Treasure Island"
A dell machine here sells for the same amount in UK Pounds as it does in US
dollars. Bearing in mind its around 1.85usd to 1ukp we get royally stuffed
in this country.

I think ill buy my next PC in the states and ship it back.


Moan over! :) 


"Dan" <QuadzilaNOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:022v91leqh3sfcsjt54nqdr6q87obvitqt@4ax.com...
> Hi all,
> just want to thank those who replied to an earlier post I put up about
> a good PC configuration for using dictation software. I looked for a
> while at Dell online as well as the Dell outlets but couldn't come up
> with a low enough price for the machine I wanted (an 8400 with at
> least 3.60 with 1 GHz RAM and a 1704 LCD monitor). I gave up for
> while but then check Dell outlets after seeing it mentioned in and
> article in PC Magazine. Sure enough, I found the machine I wanted
> which also had windows XP pro, a radeon X300 with 128 MB, Sound
> Blaster live, a CD/rw and DVD ROM and 80 GB hard drive for $1222. The
> system appears to be brand-new, not a mark on the CPU or monitor, not
> even on the feet on the bottoms of the units. The system went for
> $1700 new when I priced it a couple of weeks ago. Just thought I'd
> share this with those out there looking for a new PC, check the Dell
> outlets often and be patient!
>
> Dan
> Quadzila@NOSPAMoptonline.net
> Remove NOSPAM from address when replying
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 5:16:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 12:23:28 +0100, "Rob" <robertnospam@bae-etc.com>
wrote:

>I looked at the Dell outlet on the Dell UK site.
>
>Completely different over here.....
>The prices exclude monitors delivery VAT (Tax) and deliver. So most of the
>time you actually find the machines cost more than if you buy them under the
>usual site.
>please feel free to go to www.dell.co.uk and take a look to compare.
>
>While I am moaning...................
>No wonder they call the United Kingdom "Treasure Island"
>A dell machine here sells for the same amount in UK Pounds as it does in US
>dollars. Bearing in mind its around 1.85usd to 1ukp we get royally stuffed
>in this country.
>
>I think ill buy my next PC in the states and ship it back.
>
>
>Moan over! :) 

Oh but just think! You have that great climate! Oooops..no....but
you have Camelia!
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/
June 8, 2005 3:07:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Thanks for making my day worse!.....

But in contrast...you still also have Bush

I think im going to emigrate........



"Paul Knudsen" <bigkahuna@jupada.com> wrote in message
news:99ada1lj34eicn42ri49iq77umcd4t9svf@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 12:23:28 +0100, "Rob" <robertnospam@bae-etc.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I looked at the Dell outlet on the Dell UK site.
> >
> >Completely different over here.....
> >The prices exclude monitors delivery VAT (Tax) and deliver. So most of
the
> >time you actually find the machines cost more than if you buy them under
the
> >usual site.
> >please feel free to go to www.dell.co.uk and take a look to compare.
> >
> >While I am moaning...................
> >No wonder they call the United Kingdom "Treasure Island"
> >A dell machine here sells for the same amount in UK Pounds as it does in
US
> >dollars. Bearing in mind its around 1.85usd to 1ukp we get royally
stuffed
> >in this country.
> >
> >I think ill buy my next PC in the states and ship it back.
> >
> >
> >Moan over! :) 
>
> Oh but just think! You have that great climate! Oooops..no....but
> you have Camelia!
> --
> Top 10 Conservative Idiots:
> http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 3:07:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Rob wrote:

> Thanks for making my day worse!.....
>
> But in contrast...you still also have Bush
>
> I think im going to emigrate........

Canada? France? OZ?
!