Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can a single Windows 7 OEM key be used multiple times?

Last response: in Windows 7
July 18, 2010 7:39:13 PM

Hi all! I am considering building custom computers for a few people, and I plan to install windows 7 on the new systems. My question is as stated in the title; can you use a single OEM key more than once? If this is possible, how many installs do you get per copy? Thanks!

SwimSquirrel ;) 

More about : single windows oem key multiple times

July 18, 2010 7:40:39 PM

No. Each computer must have its own key, oem or otherwise. Using the key on more than one computer would be stealing. OEM keys are locked to the first hardware on which they are used.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
July 18, 2010 10:53:42 PM

A very simple solution is to get the people you are builing them for to purchase their own Windows 7 along with the other components.
Score
Related resources
July 19, 2010 12:10:35 AM

Its one license per PC...

You can not use a single license to multiple PC.

The cost of the OS should be pass on to the customer. Then the customer should have the installation disc (OS OEM Installation Disc). In the future if the customer decide to reinstall the OS the OEM Installation disc is available.

Score
a c 420 $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 2:12:25 AM

noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Score
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 2:25:50 AM

Swimsquirrel said:
Hi all! I am considering building custom computers for a few people, and I plan to install windows 7 on the new systems. My question is as stated in the title; can you use a single OEM key more than once? If this is possible, how many installs do you get per copy? Thanks!

SwimSquirrel ;) 

Good grief.
Score

Best solution

July 19, 2010 12:15:49 PM

Such patient and tolerant people here. If he didn't have morals he'd be installing pirate copies of windows. I wasn't aware you needed morals to build PCs anyway.

As has been said earlier, have the client pay for the copy of windows. Or you can simply build just the machine with no OS - most people find it simple enough to install on their own anyway.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 12:18:57 PM

OK, that's enough. If the OP thinks he can make money building/selling computers, I say "Good Luck".
Score
July 19, 2010 2:56:37 PM

Best answer selected by SwimSquirrel.
Score
!