Mouse driver with customizable center button?

August 11, 2005 4:05:51 AM

Does anyone know of a relatively universal XP mouse driver available that
provides for customizing the center button to any keystroke combination the
user selects?

Thanks
Scott Kelley
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:02:01 AM

correct me if im wrong, but i think options to customise the centre button
are with the mouse manufacturers software.
what i would recommend is checking any disks that came with the mouse; if
there isnt one, check the manufacturers website and download the software for
your mouse.
this should then give you a utility to customise how the buttons work and
its shortcuts.

:)

Jon
--
Helpdesk Technician
Working towards MCDST

"Scott Kelley" wrote:

> Does anyone know of a relatively universal XP mouse driver available that
> provides for customizing the center button to any keystroke combination the
> user selects?
>
> Thanks
> Scott Kelley

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 3:03:11 PM

Don't know how "universal" it is, but Logitech's configuration does have a
"keystroke" option for the center button (wheel) that you can enter most any
sequence into.

Val
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.sdsmt.edu
"Scott Kelley" <scottk@iccom.com> wrote in message
Does anyone know of a relatively universal XP mouse driver available that
provides for customizing the center button to any keystroke combination the
user selects?

Thanks
Scott Kelley
August 11, 2005 3:45:50 PM

I tried a Logitech driver. It allows you to configure buttons by selecting
from pre-set functions. It does not allow for inputting the keystroke
combination of your choice. I want to launch an application using a unique
combination of keystrokes.

Any other thoughts?

> Don't know how "universal" it is, but Logitech's configuration does have a
> "keystroke" option for the center button (wheel) that you can enter most
> any
> sequence into.
>
> Val
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> www.sdsmt.edu
> The best little engineering school you
> may not have heard of, but should have!
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "Scott Kelley" <scottk@iccom.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a relatively universal XP mouse driver available that
> provides for customizing the center button to any keystroke combination
> the
> user selects?
>
> Thanks
> Scott Kelley

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 12:35:55 AM

You did not see one of the options for the wheel/button as "keystroke"?
That shows in my dropdown list, and when selected, a one line text box opens
for entering the keys.

Using MouseWare version 9.75

Val
--
"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's

!