Mouse driver with customizable center button?

Does anyone know of a relatively universal XP mouse driver available that
provides for customizing the center button to any keystroke combination the
user selects?

Thanks
Scott Kelley
4 answers Last reply
More about mouse driver customizable center button

    correct me if im wrong, but i think options to customise the centre button
    are with the mouse manufacturers software.
    what i would recommend is checking any disks that came with the mouse; if
    there isnt one, check the manufacturers website and download the software for
    your mouse.
    this should then give you a utility to customise how the buttons work and
    its shortcuts.

    :)

    Jon
    --
    Helpdesk Technician
    Working towards MCDST

    "Scott Kelley" wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a relatively universal XP mouse driver available that
    > provides for customizing the center button to any keystroke combination the
    > user selects?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Scott Kelley

    Don't know how "universal" it is, but Logitech's configuration does have a
    "keystroke" option for the center button (wheel) that you can enter most any
    sequence into.

    Val
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.sdsmt.edu
    "Scott Kelley" <scottk@iccom.com> wrote in message
    Does anyone know of a relatively universal XP mouse driver available that
    provides for customizing the center button to any keystroke combination the
    user selects?

    Thanks
    Scott Kelley

    I tried a Logitech driver. It allows you to configure buttons by selecting
    from pre-set functions. It does not allow for inputting the keystroke
    combination of your choice. I want to launch an application using a unique
    combination of keystrokes.

    Any other thoughts?

    > Don't know how "universal" it is, but Logitech's configuration does have a
    > "keystroke" option for the center button (wheel) that you can enter most
    > any
    > sequence into.
    >
    > Val
    > --
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > www.sdsmt.edu
    > The best little engineering school you
    > may not have heard of, but should have!
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > "Scott Kelley" <scottk@iccom.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a relatively universal XP mouse driver available that
    > provides for customizing the center button to any keystroke combination
    > the
    > user selects?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Scott Kelley

    You did not see one of the options for the wheel/button as "keystroke"?
    That shows in my dropdown list, and when selected, a one line text box opens
    for entering the keys.

    Using MouseWare version 9.75

    Val
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's

    I tried a Logitech driver. It allows you to configure buttons by selecting
    from pre-set functions. It does not allow for inputting the keystroke
    combination of your choice. I want to launch an application using a unique
    combination of keystrokes.

    Any other thoughts?

    > Don't know how "universal" it is, but Logitech's configuration does have a
    > "keystroke" option for the center button (wheel) that you can enter most
    > any
    > sequence into.
    >
    > Val
    > --
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > www.sdsmt.edu
    > The best little engineering school you
    > may not have heard of, but should have!
    > "Scott Kelley" <scottk@iccom.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a relatively universal XP mouse driver available that
    > provides for customizing the center button to any keystroke combination
    > the
    > user selects?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Scott Kelley