Closed Solved

New battery wont charge to 100%

I ordered a new battery and I can't get it to charge more than 84%.
I charged the battery till it shut off, then drained the battery till the laptop shut down from low battery. I then charged it till it quit charging, stopped at 83%. Repeated process and left overnight, stopped charging at 84%. This was a new 9 cell battery and a new charger. Is there any way to force it to charge to 100% ?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about battery wont charge
  1. Hi :)

I own a laptop repair company...

Was it a genuine replacement battery or one of the VERY cheap Chinese copies ?

Which model lappy and how MUCH was the battery ?

All the best Brett :)
  2. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

I own a laptop repair company...

Was it a genuine replacement battery or one of the VERY cheap Chinese copies ?

Which model lappy and how MUCH was the battery ?

Thank you for your reply. It was a cheap battery (24.00) . I didn't think it would be that much difference.
    Larry
  3. larryjs said:
    Thank you for your reply. It was a cheap battery (24.00) . I didn't think it would be that much difference.
    Larry

The price ALWAYS make a difference on a copy battery... a reasonable copy battery SHOULD cost around £45 ish...

4. Best answer
    Brett928S2 said:

The price ALWAYS make a difference on a copy battery... a reasonable copy battery SHOULD cost around £45 ish...

Tired of playing games, sending back the copy and Just placed the order for Genuine Toshiba Battery. Thank You Brett :)
    Larry
  5. This topic has been closed by Brett928S2
  6. Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battery Laptops Shutdown