no more connections with D-Link G520+

Hi,

A friend of mine uses a D-Link Airplus XtremeG+ DWL-G520+ wireless lan card
with a matching D-Link wireless router. For some weeks everything went fine
but a few days ago he suddenly had no more internet. I checked some settings
and noticed he was still connected with the router (got dhcp ip and strong
signal) and was still able to ping internet hosts (even dns seems to work)
but when i tried to connect to a host the computer gives an error that he
can't connect (telnet, http, ftp, mail, nothing works). So i tried running
the win xp lan wizard a few times with different choices, reinstalling the
networkcard, switching internet options, disabling encryption, disabling all
running programs, dhcp release renew, anything i could think of, but still
no internet. Other computers on the router still have internet and in the
web setup of the router you can see the wireless pc connected, without
errors.

Anyone any ideas ? They would be most welcome.

Thanks
Dominik Van Damme
raistlin@tiscali.be
4 answers Last reply
More about connections link g520

    use system restore to regress him a week or so. I have seen spyware and
    hijackers do this to systems.
    "Van Damme Dominik" <raistlin@tiscali.be> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > A friend of mine uses a D-Link Airplus XtremeG+ DWL-G520+ wireless lan
    card
    > with a matching D-Link wireless router. For some weeks everything went
    fine
    > but a few days ago he suddenly had no more internet. I checked some
    settings
    > and noticed he was still connected with the router (got dhcp ip and strong
    > signal) and was still able to ping internet hosts (even dns seems to work)
    > but when i tried to connect to a host the computer gives an error that he
    > can't connect (telnet, http, ftp, mail, nothing works). So i tried running
    > the win xp lan wizard a few times with different choices, reinstalling the
    > networkcard, switching internet options, disabling encryption, disabling
    all
    > running programs, dhcp release renew, anything i could think of, but still
    > no internet. Other computers on the router still have internet and in the
    > web setup of the router you can see the wireless pc connected, without
    > errors.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas ? They would be most welcome.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dominik Van Damme
    > raistlin@tiscali.be

    If the system is xp go to Network Connections and unlink the 1394 network
    connection to tcp/ip. For best test results make sure that the cable network
    and wireless connection are set to obtain ip & DNS.automatically. If you
    want a static ip make sure that both are set with the same ip address or you
    will getr error message.

    "Van Damme Dominik" <raistlin@tiscali.be> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > A friend of mine uses a D-Link Airplus XtremeG+ DWL-G520+ wireless lan
    card
    > with a matching D-Link wireless router. For some weeks everything went
    fine
    > but a few days ago he suddenly had no more internet. I checked some
    settings
    > and noticed he was still connected with the router (got dhcp ip and strong
    > signal) and was still able to ping internet hosts (even dns seems to work)
    > but when i tried to connect to a host the computer gives an error that he
    > can't connect (telnet, http, ftp, mail, nothing works). So i tried running
    > the win xp lan wizard a few times with different choices, reinstalling the
    > networkcard, switching internet options, disabling encryption, disabling
    all
    > running programs, dhcp release renew, anything i could think of, but still
    > no internet. Other computers on the router still have internet and in the
    > web setup of the router you can see the wireless pc connected, without
    > errors.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas ? They would be most welcome.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dominik Van Damme
    > raistlin@tiscali.be

    There is no firewire installed and all computers use dhcp.
    I'll try static.

    thx

    "Michael D. Brooks" <mikedb@panix.com> wrote in message
    > If the system is xp go to Network Connections and unlink the 1394 network
    > connection to tcp/ip. For best test results make sure that the cable
    network
    > and wireless connection are set to obtain ip & DNS.automatically. If you
    > want a static ip make sure that both are set with the same ip address or
    you
    > will getr error message.

    a combination of malware removers fixed the problem
    thx!

    "Painless" <Painlesspole@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > use system restore to regress him a week or so. I have seen spyware and
    > hijackers do this to systems.

D-Link Internet Wireless Networking