no more connections with D-Link G520+

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 21, 2004 2:21:58 PM

Hi,

A friend of mine uses a D-Link Airplus XtremeG+ DWL-G520+ wireless lan card
with a matching D-Link wireless router. For some weeks everything went fine
but a few days ago he suddenly had no more internet. I checked some settings
and noticed he was still connected with the router (got dhcp ip and strong
signal) and was still able to ping internet hosts (even dns seems to work)
but when i tried to connect to a host the computer gives an error that he
can't connect (telnet, http, ftp, mail, nothing works). So i tried running
the win xp lan wizard a few times with different choices, reinstalling the
networkcard, switching internet options, disabling encryption, disabling all
running programs, dhcp release renew, anything i could think of, but still
no internet. Other computers on the router still have internet and in the
web setup of the router you can see the wireless pc connected, without
errors.

Anyone any ideas ? They would be most welcome.

Thanks
Dominik Van Damme
raistlin@tiscali.be

More about : connections link g520

May 21, 2004 10:28:38 PM

use system restore to regress him a week or so. I have seen spyware and
hijackers do this to systems.
"Van Damme Dominik" <raistlin@tiscali.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine uses a D-Link Airplus XtremeG+ DWL-G520+ wireless lan
card
> with a matching D-Link wireless router. For some weeks everything went
fine
> but a few days ago he suddenly had no more internet. I checked some
settings
> and noticed he was still connected with the router (got dhcp ip and strong
> signal) and was still able to ping internet hosts (even dns seems to work)
> but when i tried to connect to a host the computer gives an error that he
> can't connect (telnet, http, ftp, mail, nothing works). So i tried running
> the win xp lan wizard a few times with different choices, reinstalling the
> networkcard, switching internet options, disabling encryption, disabling
all
> running programs, dhcp release renew, anything i could think of, but still
> no internet. Other computers on the router still have internet and in the
> web setup of the router you can see the wireless pc connected, without
> errors.
>
> Anyone any ideas ? They would be most welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Dominik Van Damme
> raistlin@tiscali.be

Anonymous
May 21, 2004 11:52:24 PM

If the system is xp go to Network Connections and unlink the 1394 network
connection to tcp/ip. For best test results make sure that the cable network
and wireless connection are set to obtain ip & DNS.automatically. If you
want a static ip make sure that both are set with the same ip address or you
will getr error message.

"Van Damme Dominik" <raistlin@tiscali.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine uses a D-Link Airplus XtremeG+ DWL-G520+ wireless lan
card
> with a matching D-Link wireless router. For some weeks everything went
fine
> but a few days ago he suddenly had no more internet. I checked some
settings
> and noticed he was still connected with the router (got dhcp ip and strong
> signal) and was still able to ping internet hosts (even dns seems to work)
> but when i tried to connect to a host the computer gives an error that he
> can't connect (telnet, http, ftp, mail, nothing works). So i tried running
> the win xp lan wizard a few times with different choices, reinstalling the
> networkcard, switching internet options, disabling encryption, disabling
all
> running programs, dhcp release renew, anything i could think of, but still
> no internet. Other computers on the router still have internet and in the
> web setup of the router you can see the wireless pc connected, without
> errors.
>
> Anyone any ideas ? They would be most welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Dominik Van Damme
> raistlin@tiscali.be

May 22, 2004 3:13:35 AM

There is no firewire installed and all computers use dhcp.
I'll try static.

thx

"Michael D. Brooks" <mikedb@panix.com> wrote in message
> If the system is xp go to Network Connections and unlink the 1394 network
> connection to tcp/ip. For best test results make sure that the cable
network
> and wireless connection are set to obtain ip & DNS.automatically. If you
> want a static ip make sure that both are set with the same ip address or
you
> will getr error message.
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 7:43:24 PM

a combination of malware removers fixed the problem
thx!

!