Strange Printing Problem

I've had this computer and printer for a few years and I'm not sure why this
is happening all of a sudden. It seems that it has just started in the last
week or so that some things will not print from my printer. The first time
it happened I was attempting to print a 4 page document (recipes from the
Today Show) that was displaying on the screen in a pop-up window. The first
and last pages of the document printed, but no matter how I tried the rest
would not print. I tried copying the document (since it was all text) into
Word and printing from there; still nothing. I even changed the font in any
way I could find, still nothing. Never did get it to come out. But at the
same time I was able to print other things in full color from the internet
(tested with the Google search page). Since then I have had it refuse to
print a Word document typed from scratch and now it only printed the first
page of a two page all text email. The printer is an HP Deskjet 812C, and
I'm running Windows XP with Microsoft Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1 and
Internet Explorer version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

Oh, one more thing I forgot to add - while nothing prints, it does run blank
pages through the printer.