Error Caused by ATI Graphics Driver

August 11, 2005 10:36:06 AM

Hi, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite with windows XP, Service pack 2, and
always when I open a photo or see a movie with windows media player it
changes the screen resolution and always came too big so I have to restart
the laptop. The solution of microsoft is to update the graphic driver but
when I go to the web page they don´t have an update for me, and also in the
toshiba web page. What can I do?

Thanks
Andre
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 6:40:23 PM

Which bed page do you go to? Microsoft does not provide graphics drivers.
You need to check on Toshiba's web site for the specific drivers for your
laptop. If they doe not have a new driver, you then could check on ATi's
web site.

"Andre" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite with windows XP, Service pack 2, and
> always when I open a photo or see a movie with windows media player it
> changes the screen resolution and always came too big so I have to restart
> the laptop. The solution of microsoft is to update the graphic driver but
> when I go to the web page they don´t have an update for me, and also in
> the
> toshiba web page. What can I do?
>
> Thanks
> Andre
August 11, 2005 7:36:10 PM

"" wrote:
> Hi, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite with windows XP, Service
> pack 2, and
> always when I open a photo or see a movie with windows media
> player it
> changes the screen resolution and always came too big so I
> have to restart
> the laptop. The solution of microsoft is to update the graphic
> driver but
> when I go to the web page they don´t have an update for me,
> and also in the
> toshiba web page. What can I do?
>
> Thanks
> Andre

"when I go to the web page they don´t have an update for me"

Do you mean you carn’t find one, or the driver is up to date?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Error-Cause...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1352162
Related resources
August 11, 2005 9:18:01 PM

Is up to date as says in Toshiba and Microsoft

"Sparda" wrote:

> "" wrote:
> > Hi, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite with windows XP, Service
> > pack 2, and
> > always when I open a photo or see a movie with windows media
> > player it
> > changes the screen resolution and always came too big so I
> > have to restart
> > the laptop. The solution of microsoft is to update the graphic
> > driver but
> > when I go to the web page they don´t have an update for me,
> > and also in the
> > toshiba web page. What can I do?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Andre
>
> "when I go to the web page they don´t have an update for me"
>
> Do you mean you carn’t find one, or the driver is up to date?

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Error-Cause...
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1352162

August 12, 2005 2:35:49 PM

"" wrote:
> Is up to date as says in Toshiba and Microsoft
>
> "Sparda" wrote:
>
> > "" wrote:
> > > Hi, I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite with windows XP,
> Service
> > > pack 2, and
> > > always when I open a photo or see a movie with windows
> media
> > > player it
> > > changes the screen resolution and always came too big so
> > > have to restart
> > > the laptop. The solution of microsoft is to update the
> graphic
> > > driver but
> > > when I go to the web page they don´t have an update
> for me,
> > > and also in the
> > > toshiba web page. What can I do?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Andre
> >
> > "when I go to the web page they don´t have an update for
> me"
> >
> > Do you mean you carn’t find one, or the driver is up
> to date?
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> standards
> > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Error-Cause...
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1352162

"Is up to date as says in Toshiba and Microsoft"

Is it upto date acording to ATI?

http://www.ati.com/
August 26, 2005 11:08:05 AM

Yes, it is update in all of the pages (microsoft, toshiba and ATI). Something
new happened, whe I restarted the machine I got this new message appear: "the
driver ATI2dvig has stopped working properly"

What else can it be?
!