Printer sharing

G

Can anyone help me figure out how to share my printer with two computers. I have my two computers networked together and I can't figure out how to get both of them to use the same printer. I am running Windows Me. I do have them hooked up with network cards and on the same cable modem, but for some reason I can't get the printer sharing to work. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance....

Doug
fixxxer72@home.com

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Select printer sharing from the network icon in control panel. Then on the computer that the printer is hooked up to, under printers in control panel, right click on the printer and you should be allowed to tell it to be shared.
Then on the computer without the printer, go to add printer and choose add a network printer. It should detect the shared printer, select that one and it should work.

G

Hiya, thanks for the info, I got that part going, but it still won't send, says priner is offline. Any other little tips I can use??? I don't know the first thing about networking, so this is probably a waste of everyone's time, but if ya have patience(sp) please help if ya have any other ideas. Thanks in advance...

---FiXXXer72

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is probably a stupid question but are both computers on when you are trying to print?
Here is another stupid one, is the printer on?
Can you file-share? If not, that means the network is not connected.
When you go to select a network printer, can you see or select the printer you want or no?

dieharddave

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
I know what you are going through. I am having the same problem. I have two computers hooked up to a router. When i tried to connect my printer reads "offline". It sucks, so i was wondering if you figured it out and if so how?
Thanks,
Dave
whatzup_d@yahoo.com