Nvidia Drivers 191.07 Boost Your Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]quickwind[/nom]Did you know in Batman: Arkham Asylum if an ATI card is in it disables the game's engine from using AA, can still enable via CCC or change the hardware ID to trick the game into thinking it's an nvidia card and it works just fine too.[/citation]

It doesn't trick the game into anything, it just forces AA through the drivers, instead of enabling it in the game.

quickwind

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
The option isn't there with ati card, if you make it think its an nvidia card the option is there. Not the least bit shady to me or anything lol.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
They always claim improvements in performance when releasing new drivers, and there might be some but I never actually notice this realistically. Does anyone else?

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]major7up[/nom]They always claim improvements in performance when releasing new drivers, and there might be some but I never actually notice this realistically. Does anyone else?[/citation]

not in fallout 3 or far cry 2.

Malevol3nt

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Has anyone else had issues installing any of the 19x series of drivers on the 9600GT? The installation starts, then the screen turns black with a blinking cursor (which should be normal for a second) but then it just stays there on that screen. Windows does not load after reboot. This happened to me with both Win7 and WinXP, 32bit. Using older drivers atm.

[citation][nom]truehighroller[/nom]That's great but, they are in hot water with people right now over the whole disabling PhysX when ATI is sensed speal.[/citation]
They are? I wasn't aware that this was a very typical/reccomended or common setup? Nobody I know even runs this configuration tbh.

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
When they said Race Driver: Grid's performance was improved it actually did make a world of difference. When ever there was smoke the fps would drop to the teens. I actually bought a 4850 at the time to play it without lag. I put the 8800GTS in another computer and next month they fixed the issue in the drivers and it plays it fine now.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
If they should do something driver wise or marketing wise, they should do what Ati doesn't, like stereo vision. Currently their physics is fought from different fronts, but stereo for free (except for glasses and capable screen) is something that can win the harts of most.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]major7up[/nom]They always claim improvements in performance when releasing new drivers, and there might be some but I never actually notice this realistically. Does anyone else?[/citation]

I sometimes notice. You do that by benchmarking some of your own games before & after. If a game goes from 100fps > 115fps won't be noticeable. But stability issues and a change for 30 > 45fps *IS* very noticeable.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Malevol3nt[/nom]Has anyone else had issues installing any of the 19x series of drivers on the 9600GT? The installation starts, then the screen turns black with a blinking cursor (which should be normal for a second) but then it just stays there on that screen. Windows does not load after reboot. This happened to me with both Win7 and WinXP, 32bit. Using older drivers atm.[/citation]
I have to say that I run an overclocked Palit/XpertVision 9600GT 512MB on Windows 7 and have kept up to date with every latest version of nVidia Drivers so far and had absolutle no issues what so ever.

I don't get people who compare a Driver release against a release of a GPU... This is not supposed to enable cards to compete with the ATi 58xx GPU's. nVidia are waiting until they deem it the right time to release their next GPU's and I for one am happy that they are firmly stating and acting upon their statments of not rushing a product. Nothing needs DX11 hardware right now. Anyone rushing and buying a 58xx GPU is doing so just to have the latest thing and have no idea about the benefits or performance in relation to what will be used. I don't know if it will happen or not but I would love nVidia's up coming cards to kick ATi's butt and then sit back and see everyone who bought ATi moan about it.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
great... more interested in the bug fixes than the speed increases...

also, do they have to specifically add SLI support for each game that comes out? and the dual core gfx cards? do they count as beeing two GPUs in SLI? meaning you don't get the full speed out of your card unless your running a game that is SLI ready?

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
[citation][nom]coonday[/nom]5870 > New drivers[/citation]
I love how people are comparing the latest and greatest graphics card with free and instant new drivers... sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.