Serv's/Proc's Disabled-wont allow restart

I went into SystemUtility-to see if i could do w/out some of the auto started
programs and services-and now i cant even get it to honor my command for
"Normal Startup" from "Selective Startup" ....it wont allow me to restart
processes/services in the" Services.msc" utility either....what have i done
NOW???!!!

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:03:03 -0700, CONNIE
<CONNIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I went into SystemUtility-to see if i could do w/out some of the auto started
>programs and services-and now i cant even get it to honor my command for
>"Normal Startup" from "Selective Startup" ....it wont allow me to restart
>processes/services in the" Services.msc" utility either....what have i done
>NOW???!!!

No telling what you disasbled. I'd simply try a restore to a date
before your tweaking. I'm betting that is disabled also.

Search the Internet for Black Viper. He created a file to return Home
XP and Professional XP's services to the default settings.

Good luck.

Have you tried Safe Mode? (F8) on start up?