I'm trying to help my daughter on the phone, in another state. Her address
bar in IE has disappeared even though it is checked in the right click menu.
She has a Google bar and a Yahoo bar which she wants to keep but I had her
delete an MS bar that appeared whithout her knowledge. I can't figure out
why the address bar does not appear even though it is checked. What else can
we do please, to make it appear, then we will lock the toolbars.
Thank you,
shadoe

>> MS bar that appeared whithout her knowledge

What's that MS bar? Have you scanned for Malware?

The Internet Explorer Address bar is missing:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842903

Reset the toolbar setting from Registry using this fix:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_toolbarfix.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org