I need something free that will let me receive faxes without a fax machine.
I know I can look around on TUCOWS.COM or something but I thought I should
ask around for something that people really like. Any thoughts?

Windows XP Pro has built in fax support but it does not workif you have a
cable connection.

"Donna YaWanna" wrote:

> I need something free that will let me receive faxes without a fax machine.
> I know I can look around on TUCOWS.COM or something but I thought I should
> ask around for something that people really like. Any thoughts?

JJ

Xp Pro and Home have a fax program , (XP Home you will need to pull it off
the install disk , it does not load by default) . The fax program works only
with a phone line connected to fax / voice modem . The send works great ,
but the recieve works best in manual.

"Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
>I need something free that will let me receive faxes without a fax machine.
> I know I can look around on TUCOWS.COM or something but I thought I should
> ask around for something that people really like. Any thoughts?

Fitz

www.efax.com

"Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
>I need something free that will let me receive faxes without a fax machine.
> I know I can look around on TUCOWS.COM or something but I thought I should
> ask around for something that people really like. Any thoughts?

Donna,

How to receive a fax in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662

How To Send a Fax in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657

How to enable and configure the Fax service in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550

Sending faxes with Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Ffax.asp

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
>I need something free that will let me receive faxes without a fax machine.
> I know I can look around on TUCOWS.COM or something but I thought I should
> ask around for something that people really like. Any thoughts?

In article <O#Cn2MrnFHA.2080@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, Donna YaWanna
says...
> I need something free that will let me receive faxes without a fax machine.
> I know I can look around on TUCOWS.COM or something but I thought I should
> ask around for something that people really like. Any thoughts?

Have you got a modem or are you on cable/ADSL?

--
Conor

If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened
rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
music.