jkanaszka

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2001
I am running Win 98 1st edition on an Asus motherboard with an Intel Pentium II 350, 128MB of RAM & currently an 8MB AGP video card. I am not a heavy gamer by any means. However, I have recently become addicted to the Sims and I am noticing that the game gets hung up from time to time and that when I scroll through my Sims house, it seems like it could be running faster. My processor is old but it is probably not the problem. My answer is most likely updating to a faster video card. Any suggestions as to which one I should go with?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
What is your budget? If you want a good value, go for Gf2 GTS. If you want power, get a GF3 and if u want modify it so it has fast writes and sidebanding.

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.

G

I'd be careful about buying a GeForce card to run any of the Sim games. My GeForce2 Pro card won't run SimCity 3000. Maxis' response was that the program was written before the new video card technology was developed, and they couldn't provide a solution. Even dropping to 800x600x16 didn't make it work. It may be the combination of Athlon/A7M266/GeForce that's the problem, but I'd be a bit careful.

Finally, it's not your graphics card that's the problem, it's your CPU. Sim doesn't use a 3D graphics engine like Quake and so forth, so a high-end card isn't going to make a vast deal of difference.

Andy

G

what is your graphic chip name?

just like, nvidia, s3, voodoo, ati and so on

and then check your directx setup,windows resources

how about upgrading you memory (up 256mb) and cpu ?

i think the good way is to reinstall your os.

TRENDING THREADS